“WORST SERVICE EVER”

Good for: Families with children
San Francisco
“WORST SERVICE EVER”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I have never had such a terrible experience at restaurant in my life as I had with Asie.

The waiter overcharged me, and I luckily caught his mistake when I was checking my debit card statement. When I called the restaurant for the first time I had to speak to two different people and I was told that they would fix the problem and get back to me. No one got back to me after a week so I called again, the person I talked to this time said it was no problem and said I would get reimbursed, he also asked me for my debit card information and with hesitation I gave it to him.

I waited for two more weeks before calling again (I was not reimbursed) and this time I talked to the waiter who made the billing error. The waiter was so rude and so condescending, I have never been treated with so much disrespect. He said to me "I will pay out of my own pocket just to make you happy," I asked him what he meant by this and he claimed that he could not have made this mistake. This was the first time I have ever disputed any charge in my entire life. After continuing to put me down the waiter then asked if I could give him my debit card information (which doesn't make any sense because if he were paying out of his own pocket he would write a check and wouldn't need this info). Anyways, I told him that I had already given this info to his co-worker during a previous call. I overheard the waiter ask the staff member if I had given it to him and the staff member said "yes, but I lost it." The waiter asked me to give the numbers to him again and I told him that I did not feel comfortable doing this because they already lost my information. The waiter raised his voice at me and I was so upset that I had to hang up. I did not feel like being yelled at any longer for trying to get the money back that was rightfully mine.

I do not recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Visited March 2012
2 Thank Anne M

Wilmette, Illinois
“Great food and a fun experience!”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

We went with a large group. We had a reservation and out table was waiting when we arrived. The food was very good and the service was attentive. The Shanghai dumplings are very good. The sea bass steamed with ginger was very good. The sushi that we tried was excellent as was the filet with the orange sauce. The only complaints that anyone in the party had was about the desserts. Most Asian places don't have good desserts so we were not that surprised. The coconut sorbet was OK for a dessert but we would recommend that you go for the food and the drinks and go elsewhere for dessert! It was also one of the more reasonably priced options in Aspen!

Visited February 2012
Aspen, Colorado
“High end Asian Food in a nice location”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

The food here can be very good. We did our anniversary there and had a great time. You'll find locals and tourists and have a great time.

Pahoa, Hawaii
“Gourmet Asian fusion cuisine and impeccable service: perfect harmony!”
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Fabulous dinner last week with a group of friends at this restaurant during Aspen Gay Ski Week! The staff was very accommodating as we changed our dinner reservation for 9 to 12 and finally back to 8 people, at the last minute! The menu offers huge selection of traditional and contemporary chinese, thai, vietnamese, and japanese dishes. Great for eating “family style” at the table! We selected 10 different entrees and passed the dishes around, so everyone can have a taste of each. Some dishes were better than others, but all delicious, with very high quality ingredients AND the food presentation was outstanding! Most memorable were the Lobster Dumplings (steamed dumplings with lobster meat filling, $25) as well as the Ahi Tuna Tartar (served in crispy wonton cups with a fresh mango, jalapeno, cilantro chutney, $15) and the Parisian Shrimp (sautéed shrimp in miso sake sauce, served with steamed broccoli, $26). We fought over the last piece of ahi in the Sashimi Tasting Trio (yellowtail, tuna, salmon served with soy sauce, wasabi, cilantro, yuzu citrus, $20). The waiters timed it perfectly to bring out one dish after another. Our plates and dinner wares were promptly replaced with clean fresh ones after each course. We had such a wonderful time, thanked to the excellent lychee martinis ($5) and cheers from other patrons in the packed restaurant! And then the restaurant’s owner came to our table - with a round of sake drinks on the house for everyone - to wish us a fun ski week. We love Aspen!

• Visited January 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
“expensive, unauthentic, off menu pricing”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

First of all, this restaurant is not for someone who travels on a budget. A typical dish costs around $30-50 where the same dish cost only $10 in our hometown Chinese restaurants. When we questioned the extraordinary prices, the waiter, speaking in Chinese, told us he could do the same dishes for 2/3 of the original prices, which is still remarkably higher than typical Chinese restaurants.

The dishes are so-so, but not authentic. I can tell with confidence because I am from China. The flavors are closer to Japanese/South East Asia than to Chinese.

One more thing, you need to look at your bill carefully. They automatically added 18% service charge to ours.

Visited October 2011
2 Thank Jason Y

Been to Asie? Share your experiences!