“Rude Service, Rude Staff, Rude Food!”
Review of Syzygy Restaurant - CLOSED

Syzygy Restaurant
Cuisines: American, European, French
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
A TripAdvisor Member
“Rude Service, Rude Staff, Rude Food!”
Reviewed January 28, 2006

During your trip to Aspen, do not spend money here. It's a small place with small time people. I can go on about the lousy food and staff but let's just say
I don't have that much time. Give this one the second over before considering, better yet, just don't go!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Germany
“Two Thumbs down !”
Reviewed December 19, 2005

We went there from germany and visited a lot of restaurants. Syzygy was the worst experience. Unfriendly, cold food, long waiting time, terrible service, .... I cannot remind on any good minute in that restaurant. How can such a place survive ? ... only with its name ?????

4 Thank Flashbite
san antonio
“Twilight Zone”
Reviewed September 25, 2005

We saved this for the last night of our vacation and nothing reflected the reviews I had read on this "place". First, we were seated in Siberia, i.e. the music room with only one other couple and told it would start picking up when the live music started 2 hrs later. So I went to the front and requested another table there; must have been a miracle as one was available! Initially, our waiter was great and took our drink/appetizer orders, which included a very good bottle of pinot ( they DO have a good wine list). Then everything went straight down. From that point on, almost nobody served/waited on us. The appetizer eventually came, served by some other waiter. Then an hour later the main courses came, served by the hostess and the owner. Hmmmmm..... I even asked the sommelier if he could obtain me some silverware as all he was doing was eavesdropping on our complaining to each other about the lack of service. I eventually got this from a busboy. We couldnt even bare to try and look at dessert as absolutely nobody was tending to us. Finally, our original waiter returned with the check. Still hard to believe this was happening...First time in my life I left ZERO tip. I eat at the best restaurants in LA,SF, Houston, etc. and nothing like this would ever occur. We ate twice at Montagna at the Little Nell as this is what up-scale fine dining is about. Go, no, run , to Montagna if you want an incredible meal; stay away from this hole.

7 Thank ddavis130
A TripAdvisor Member
“Fantastic”
Reviewed June 11, 2005

We have eaten there many times - consistantly wonderful food. I have always had high quality food and service at Syzygy. The ambiance is very modern and relxing. Would recommend it to anyone. Worth every penny.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member