“Excellent bar food and menu”
Review of Syzygy Restaurant - CLOSED

Syzygy Restaurant
Cuisines: American, European, French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I was by myself, and so I ate at the bar rather than in the restaurant proper. In some places, eating at the bar gives you limited choices, but the full menu was available, and I had the elk meatloaf, which was simply one of the best "bar" dinners I have had in a long while. The service was what you'd expect at a good bar, yet the 'atmosphere' at the bar was muted, which suited me fine. Overall, a great experience for a meal that I had to eat by myself.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We have been in Aspen for a week now and our concierge booked us in every "great " restaurant in town. But it wasn't until tonight, that we had a truly exceptional meal.

Syzygy has an unassuming exterior. Go down a flight of stairs and find a cool modern, but totally inviting interior with black textured walls and high private booths with white linen covered tables. The staff were just the right combination of attentiveness and knowledgeable, but the delicious food was the highlight of the evening.

Our starters, the foraged mushroom risotto and the lobster fennel chowder with blood orange gremolata and a rich flavorful broth, were to die for. Just when we thought they couldn't be topped, the Roasted Rocky Range Chicken arrived at the table. This chicken could be on the show, "The best thing I ever ate", because it was. With butternut, bacon, leg confit, cracklin, and chicken demiglaze to put it over the top. We were raving about the meal so much to the waiter, that Keith Theodore, the executive chef, came out to say hello.

The Beef Tenderloin with duck fat steak frites, asparagus, demiglace, and béarnaise sauce was expertly prepared.

Add the nice atmosphere with jazz playing in the background and this place is simply fantastic.

Do not miss this place!

Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

We were a very large group but the wait staff were professional and efficient. I can't say enough about the awesome dining experience. The food was outstanding; we ordered the tuna, scallops, beef stroganoff and lobster. Everything was so good we shared. The only down side was the one long table for the group was not conducive to small group conversation. I strongly recommend you try this one.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

The food and service are great, as in many other restaurants in town. Nothing extra. Some celebrities say they love it but I honestly could not see why. I may be blind.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I really like the atmosphere: decorations, lights, music. I like soft sofas they have. I really like light music on a background. Cocktails they have are soooo tasty!!! Lamb is so scrumptious. I will gladly go again.