“Close but could have been better”
Review of Syzygy Restaurant - CLOSED

Syzygy Restaurant
Cuisines: American, European, French
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The food was good, the wine list was excellent but the service was erratic and inconsistent. Strange given how few tables were occupied. Given the options in Aspen, we probably won't return soon.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Beautiful setting. Dark and intimate down a long flight of stairs. The menu was quite interesting and the lobster Oscar was devine, more than I could finish. The only thing that kept me from giving this restaurant 5 stars was the service. Our waiter was not at all engaging or attentive. In comparison we ate at the Montagna, similar price point, excellent food, however the service at the Montagna was impeccable which made the over all dining experience much more pleasant than at Syzygy.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Last summer we ate at this restaurant.
The atomsphere is great. The service was impeccable, but the food was not creative. The food had creative names, but lacked flavor. Something that was described as a chicken dish actually was dark and tasted like it had brown gravey or beef stew on top. The room is very dark, therefore it is difficult to see what you are actually eating. The restaurant was also very proud of a tomato broth soup, which was clear. The chef came out and described how they made it clear. I thought that was kind of him, but the soup, although having a slight tomato flavor, was otherwise tasteless. Since it was a broth, I suspect that it should taste that way, it is just not to my tasting. However, it would be ideal for those social x-rays who watch every morsel lest they gain a gram of weight.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

I had an amazing experience last Friday night at Syzygy! The food was outstanding! The new menu offered a lot of variety. The staff was excellent and on par the entire time. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Aspen.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

The food here was very good. But the restaurant had no energy. No music was playing and we had toask if they could play something because it was so quiet. I would think twice about going back.