“Good food, poor value”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Cantina - CLOSED

Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Cantina is a lively Mexican restaurant serving traditional and TexMex food in the Aspen area. Our menu offers everything from enchiladas, carnitas and carne asada to ceviche and wings. All of our food is fresh and prepared in-house daily, and we have daily specials that are always a favorite. We also have a fun happy hour atmosphere, with great drink and food specials. One of the most unique things about Cantina is that we serve our own infused tequila, and have the widest selection of tequila in the area. With the largest seating capacity of any restaurant in Aspen and with four distinct rooms, Cantina is a great place to host your event. We host everything from weddings, rehearsal dinners, corporate events, college and employee events, to Superbowl and New Year’s Eve parties. We can accommodate groups up to 334 people, and have a custom-made dance floor with audio/video facilities for you to enjoy. For the sports lovers, we have plenty of HD televisions and a giant HD screen, so we’re always showing the game.
Centennial, Colorado
“Good food, poor value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

We have eaten at this restaurant several times and we always have the same experience. The food is good and the service is average to above average. However, it is very expensive for what you get. This restaurant always sets us back about $60 or so with the tip. This is for dinner for 2 adults, 2 kids meals, and 2 margaritas. The food is tasty but certainly not "authentic." If you are looking for real Mexican food at an affordable price, I would look elsewhere. And when you find that restaurant in the Aspen area, please let me know!

Houston, Texas
“Great Food and Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

My wife and I decided to try El RIncon on our first day in Aspen. It turned out to be a great decision. This was the best meal we had during our time in Aspen, and it did not break the bank. The service and atmosphere are great as well. I highly recommend it.

Aspen, Colorado
“Great place for Mexican in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

My husband and I eat here often, as it is an easy walk from home, there is usually a table in the bar where he can catch a game, and the food is really good. With some menu updates this summer, there is a good variety for us non meat eaters, and everything tastes great. This is a fun locals place, comfortable and family oriented, as well as having great margaritas. The atmosphere is casual fun, and we have never been disappointed eating here. Great friendly staff, great prices, great times!

Grand Rapids, MI
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

I normally don't like Mexican but our group wanted to go here so I went. I was surprised at the good food. The margarita was good too! We had all the chips we could eat, the guacamole was great. I had street tacos which were good. Didn't like the beans which were almost liquid, but maybe that's just me.

Everyone, including a 2 year old, enjoyed their meal.

Southbury, Connecticut
“Great Food and Drink Selections”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

The menu provides an outstanding selection and all of the items we ordered were authentic and cooked well. The drink selections were equally good at a fair price. Our server was friendly and provided helpful advice on the menu. We will definitely return to Cantina the next time we're in Aspen.

• Visited April 2014