“great place!”

Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Cantina is a lively Mexican restaurant serving traditional and TexMex food in the Aspen area. Our menu offers everything from enchiladas, carnitas and carne asada to ceviche and wings. All of our food is fresh and prepared in-house daily, and we have daily specials that are always a favorite. We also have a fun happy hour atmosphere, with great drink and food specials. One of the most unique things about Cantina is that we serve our own infused tequila, and have the widest selection of tequila in the area. With the largest seating capacity of any restaurant in Aspen and with four distinct rooms, Cantina is a great place to host your event. We host everything from weddings, rehearsal dinners, corporate events, college and employee events, to Superbowl and New Year’s Eve parties. We can accommodate groups up to 334 people, and have a custom-made dance floor with audio/video facilities for you to enjoy. For the sports lovers, we have plenty of HD televisions and a giant HD screen, so we’re always showing the game.
Ohio
“great place!”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Recommended to me by a friend who frequents Aspen during ski season. His opinion was "great food for reasonable prices" He was spot on. Excellent food and service and quite reasonable.

• Visited September 2013
deryk c, Manager at Cantina, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thanks for your review! I am glad your friend recommended The Cantina. We try our best to provide reasonable prices and amazing food!

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Good Tex Mex in Aspen”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Big place on a busy corner. Decent food and prices. Chips and salsa as good as most similar establishments.

Visited August 2013
deryk c, Manager at Cantina, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thanks for your review. Yes, we are a big place on a busy corner. It provides for a very fun environment! Chips and Salsa are also great!
Lone Tree, Colorado
“Exceeded all expectations!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

After traveling for the past two weeks my husband and I were getting "restaurant fatigue". We then stumbled upon Cantina in Aspen. The staff were all sincerely friendly. The atmosphere was pleasant. The food was delicious!

• Visited October 2013
deryk c, Manager at Cantina, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for posting!
Denver, Colorado
“Just okay”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

As far as Mexican food goes, not the best. We were staying down the street and didn't want to walk far for dinner so we picked this. Pretty mediocre food and the sopapillas not very good. The atmosphere is nice, there is a bar area and a cute outdoor patio...plus a huge t.v. for watching sports in the dining area. Just not very tasty food, needed some seasonings. It's all about your preference. The waitress was very friendly though, and when she saw I was not drinking my margarita, she asked if I didn't like it...told her it was too strong and she offered a free one but we were already done with dinner so I said no thanks...she removed it from our bill though, and they were doing a weekday special discounting off our check, so they were very accommodating. I think I will choose elsewhere next time I'm in Aspen though.

• Visited October 2013
deryk c, Manager at Cantina, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thanks for your review and giving feedback. I will look into everything. I am happy your waitress was accommodating. Thanks again!
Atlanta, Georgia
“american tacos”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

even though the menu was full of options, the food was very tasteless, the guacamole was very dark, the pico de gallo was water down and the tomatoes lost their natural color. the host whom we found out later on that was the manager was rude and could not be bother, even though the place was empty!
I love Mexican food, but this wont cut it.

Visited October 2013
deryk c, Manager at Cantina, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
I apologize for your experience. We make our guac fresh everyday. The salsa is among clients favorite and we try to create the perfect taste in each meal. Hope you will try us again.