“Very good”

Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Cantina is a lively Mexican restaurant serving traditional and TexMex food in the Aspen area. Our menu offers everything from enchiladas, carnitas and carne asada to ceviche and wings. All of our food is fresh and prepared in-house daily, and we have daily specials that are always a favorite. We also have a fun happy hour atmosphere, with great drink and food specials. One of the most unique things about Cantina is that we serve our own infused tequila, and have the widest selection of tequila in the area. With the largest seating capacity of any restaurant in Aspen and with four distinct rooms, Cantina is a great place to host your event. We host everything from weddings, rehearsal dinners, corporate events, college and employee events, to Superbowl and New Year’s Eve parties. We can accommodate groups up to 334 people, and have a custom-made dance floor with audio/video facilities for you to enjoy. For the sports lovers, we have plenty of HD televisions and a giant HD screen, so we’re always showing the game.
Aspen, Colorado
“Very good”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I enjoyed the seafood molcajete, service was nice and funny,bartender jaila was fantastic .she maid me the best traditional margarita.

deryk c, Manager at Cantina, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
The molcajete is my favorite! We strive to make it as traditional as possible. I am glad you enjoyed your food and traditional marg. I will pass along your compliments

Thanks

Grand Junction, Colorado
“tasty food, excellent service, great value”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

we were six friends on a busy saturday night. we loved the food, especially the street tacos with great homemade salsas, the carne asada (must be the best steak value in aspen) and the yucatan shrimp tacos. really good pitcher of house margaritas and the service was as nice and friendly as can be. we sat in a room without tvs and really enjoyed it. the best value we had all weekend.

deryk c, Manager at Cantina, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
I am so happy you enjoyed your time! Great recommendation on Street Tacos and the pitchers of margs are always the way to go! Thanks for coming in!
“Best fish tacos.”
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

This seems like a locals hangout. Great place to wind down and have a beer. The food was excellent. Came to us nice and hot. Sat out on the patio with the heaters on (it was a little chilly) and loved the atmosphere.

deryk c, Manager at Cantina, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thanks for your review. We do have great fish tacos and an awesome outdoor Patio. It is a fun, casual place to hangout with the locals especially during off season. Be sure to check out our specials! Thanks again
Colorado
“Horrible experience”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

After a fantastic weekend of delicious dining in Glenwood, we were excited to try a restaurant in Aspen. Unfortunately, our experience at Cantina was a complete failure. The service was slow and rude. My husband's food was cold and my food was missing key elements. After waiting 30 minutes for our waiter to return to the table, we complained about the food and were told they were short-staffed and that there was nothing that could be done and were promptly handed the check. We chased down a manager and complained but the restaurant as a whole was in chaos. Other tables around us had to continue to beg for service and complained about the food. The hostess spilled a glass of water next to us and walked away, leaving the mess on the floor. With all of the restaurants available in Aspen, I would recommend avoiding this one.

1 Thank SharkeyColorado
deryk c, Manager at Cantina, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Wow, I sincerely apologize for your experience. I will do my best to look into what happened that day. Again, I apologize and hope you will try out the Cantina again. Perhaps on a better day
Valdosta, Georgia
“What a disappointment!”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Perhaps I was expecting too much, but this is Aspen after all. The service was pretty bad. We didn't get chips and salsa until about 30 seconds before our food was out, but that was really ok because the chips were cold, stale, and we wondered if they were recycled from a prior guest! The basket was half-empty and there was some salsa dripped inside the basket. We both ordered a margarita and were extremely disappointed. Either there was no tequila in the drink or they use the worst tequila known to man for their signature drink. The glass was dirty and the garish (lime) looked like it was several days old. The food was just ok. Not much choice on the menu. Our waitress seemed very uninterested and was sort of rude. It was as if she was doing us a favor by taking our order, and when she dropped off the half-eaten basket of chips, she sort of ran by the table and slung them onto the table without slowing down. It wasn't until after we finished our meal that the waitress returned to the table to ask us if we wanted another drink... as if we would even consider it! I would have to say that the salsa was delicious, but the chips were so gross we really couldn't enjoy it. It was overpriced for what it was, and given the poor service, terrible drinks, marginal at best food, and the fact that it is surrounded by restaurants that actually try, I would not recommend.

• Visited August 2013
deryk c, Manager at Cantina, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
I apologize for your experience Chris. I will be sure the look into the problems you mentioned. We cook our chips fresh daily and have a variety of margaritas and top shelf tequila. Im sorry your waitress was uninterested and I will be sure to address the situation.