“What a disappointment!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Cantina - CLOSED

Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Cantina is a lively Mexican restaurant serving traditional and TexMex food in the Aspen area. Our menu offers everything from enchiladas, carnitas and carne asada to ceviche and wings. All of our food is fresh and prepared in-house daily, and we have daily specials that are always a favorite. We also have a fun happy hour atmosphere, with great drink and food specials. One of the most unique things about Cantina is that we serve our own infused tequila, and have the widest selection of tequila in the area. With the largest seating capacity of any restaurant in Aspen and with four distinct rooms, Cantina is a great place to host your event. We host everything from weddings, rehearsal dinners, corporate events, college and employee events, to Superbowl and New Year’s Eve parties. We can accommodate groups up to 334 people, and have a custom-made dance floor with audio/video facilities for you to enjoy. For the sports lovers, we have plenty of HD televisions and a giant HD screen, so we’re always showing the game.
Valdosta, Georgia
“What a disappointment!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Perhaps I was expecting too much, but this is Aspen after all. The service was pretty bad. We didn't get chips and salsa until about 30 seconds before our food was out, but that was really ok because the chips were cold, stale, and we wondered if they were recycled from a prior guest! The basket was half-empty and there was some salsa dripped inside the basket. We both ordered a margarita and were extremely disappointed. Either there was no tequila in the drink or they use the worst tequila known to man for their signature drink. The glass was dirty and the garish (lime) looked like it was several days old. The food was just ok. Not much choice on the menu. Our waitress seemed very uninterested and was sort of rude. It was as if she was doing us a favor by taking our order, and when she dropped off the half-eaten basket of chips, she sort of ran by the table and slung them onto the table without slowing down. It wasn't until after we finished our meal that the waitress returned to the table to ask us if we wanted another drink... as if we would even consider it! I would have to say that the salsa was delicious, but the chips were so gross we really couldn't enjoy it. It was overpriced for what it was, and given the poor service, terrible drinks, marginal at best food, and the fact that it is surrounded by restaurants that actually try, I would not recommend.

• Visited August 2013
deryk c, Manager at Cantina, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
I apologize for your experience Chris. I will be sure the look into the problems you mentioned. We cook our chips fresh daily and have a variety of margaritas and top shelf tequila. Im sorry your waitress was uninterested and I will be sure to address the situation.

North Dakota
“Pluses and Minuses”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Attractive, clean restaurant with nice outdoor patio seating. Freshly made salsa. Friendly waitstaff. Food is so-so although the menu sounds promising and the presentation is not bad. I don't think I'll be back.

deryk c, Manager at Cantina, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review. We strive to provide the freshest and most delicious food possible. We pride ourselves on cleanliness and presentation. I am happy that you recognized those qualities. Please come back again and give our food another shot.
Alexandria, VA USA
“Very Rude Waitress”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but our waitress was very rude. Very abrupt, and her whole manner left me with the impression that we were somehow bothering her by being there and ordering food (note to supervisors: kindly tell your staff to stop using the phrase "no problem," we are paying customers, you are the waitress, we don't expect it to be a potential "problem" to order something...). My daughter, her friend and I were there at around 7 on a Tuesday evening; it was not particularly busy. That said, said the food was excellent (I had the fish tacos w/ mango salsa), and the other wait-staff that we encountered were friendly & professional. Will, however, likely dine elsewhere in Aspen.

deryk c, Manager at Cantina, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
My apologies for your rude waitress. I will be sure to speak to my staff and express my concern. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the food. Thanks for visiting Cantina and please come back again soon.
FORT COLLINS
“reasonable priced, good service, been around 25 years.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

each summer we start our Aspen visit with a light meal at the Cantina. The chicken tortilla soup and ample garden salad made for a great day's conclusion. we think the soup was a bit less spicy this visit, which we welcomed. good food,reasonable for Aspen, can't go wrong.

deryk c, Manager at Cantina, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
I am happy to hear that the Cantina is a routine visit for you. The tortilla soup is my favorite. Thanks for the review! See you next time.
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
“loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

fish tacos with a mango salsa..loved them. ceviche - fresh, good kick felt like we were at the beach. the patio is fun and bright. homemade salsas for the carne asada and carnitas really liven up the dish. price is right and portions won't leave you hungry. attentive service and just a good vibe all round. consistently good food. always happy with the place

• Visited June 2013
deryk c, Manager at Cantina, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for your review. I love the fish tacos as well. We strive to make our food as fresh and tasty as possible. i am happy to hear that you enjoyed it and will pass along your compliments!! Come back again soon!