“lovely lunch spot in Aspen”
Review of Mezzaluna

Mezzaluna
Ranked #27 of 160 Restaurants in Aspen
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Mezzaluna, meaning “half-moon” in Italian, is an independent, locally owned and operated restaurant serving modern Italian cuisine in Aspen. Our large Italian marble bar and our beautiful patio are key features of our restaurant, and our wood-burning pizza oven helps create an authentic atmosphere. We serve lunch, après ski and dinner, with daily food and wine specials. Aspen's favorite Italian for over twernty years and with Aspen's only wood-burning pizza oven. Fresh salads, tasty appetizers, pastas, fresh seafood daily and classic favorites like chicken marsala, veal piccata and pepper-seared beef tenderloin. Our horseshoe-shaped Italian marble bar is right in the center of the action. Our walls are adorned with over 100 pieces of original Italian art, and our patio is open for outdoor dining in the Fall, Spring and Summer.
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Had lunch recently while visiting with friends in Snowmass/Aspen. The salads were outstanding and portions reasonable. I had a quinoa with seared ahi tuna which was delicious. The service was attentive. Lots of variety for carnivores and vegetarians as well.

deryk c, Manager at Mezzaluna, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thanks for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your meal. Great recommendation on the lunch salads. Hope you come back soon.

There are newer reviews for Mezzaluna

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We have been coming to Aspen over winter and summer for 30 years and it is clear that Mezzaluna has established itself as an iconic culinary establishment. This has to be credited to Junior who has exported the best of Scottish enlightment to a wonderful dining experience. The service and standards are excellent and exacting. This is the place to come for lunch, happy hour and dinner. Relaxed dining with excellent Italian food. Popcorn style shrimp go well with cocktails at the bar but innovative appetisers including fresh crab cakes and calamari are an excellent start to a meal.somebody at ghe table has to order the fresh pizza from the oven but the pasta and specials are also winners! The wine list is excellent and surprising for this reasonably priced restaurant with a few bin-ends thrown in for good measure.
If you have room, the desserts will also tempt.
The restaurant has atmosphere, patio dining and is centrally located.
I never miss this place when in Aspen and actually find it difficult not to dine here most days.

1  Thank James G

Thanks for your review. I will pass along your kind words to Junior and the staff. We strive hard to provide amazing food at a great price for all guest to attend. The patio is amazing in the summer and I am happy you got use out of it. I loved all your compliment and food suggestions. See you this winter!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Food was great and the service was very attentive. I never had an empty glass. The pork loin was the best I've had.

deryk c, Manager at Mezzaluna, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thanks for your kind and positive review. I will share your compliment with the staff! Come back again soon!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We ate here on the 4th of July - party of 5. Iowa was the hostess and she is a sweet as the day is long (I hope they know that). Food was great - served well and everyone's meal was delicious. We were with locals and they recommended several dishes. The only down side was the sandwich I ordered came smeared w/mayo when I had ordered it on the side and we could not find our wait person to take it back. I ate it w/out the bread. When I did mention it to him (when he brought the bill) he smiled and said I guess they forgot. No biggie. I think lots of people that work there are seasonal.

1  Thank Anne_Pereira
deryk c, Manager at Mezzaluna, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you for your review. I will pass along your compliments to Iowa. Sorry about your sandwich.Thanks for joining us on the 4th, one of the busiest days of the year. Hope you come back again soon!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had an excellent meal here without all the stuffiness.

We sat on the patio and had excellent service.

The creamy tomato basil soup was out of this world.

The price was very fair.

For a casual, unpretentious night out in Asoen, I would suggest Mezzaluna.

deryk c, Manager at Mezzaluna, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thanks for your review! The patio is a great summer addition to our restaurant- glad you enjoyed it! Come back soon!

Been to Mezzaluna? Share your experiences!