“Good food-BAD Service”
Review of Pinons Restaurant

Pinons Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Pinons Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 160 Restaurants in Aspen
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Pasadena, California
“Good food-BAD Service”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Our party of 11 came for dinner and was a bit put off by our rude waiter.
We shared these appetizers: sashimi tuna tacos, crispy oysters, potato gnocchi and some kind of lobster filo wrap. I also ordered the daily soup which was very fresh and tasty. All the appetizers were wonderful and we finished just about all the appetizers.
As for my entree, I ordered the sea bass and that was cooked perfectly! Our party shared a few side dishes and my favorite was the truffle rissoto.
Unfortunately, the kids menu was limited and was limited to pasta with red sauce or butter. Yuck!
Overall the place is good for Aspen standards.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank SLMcKee

Naples, Florida
“The Best of Everything”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Whether you are looking for excellent food choices, spot-on service, or lovely decor, you will find all at Pinons. The hostess, coat-check girl, and servers went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. All needs were anticipated quickly and courteously. The food was superb. What else is there to say?

If you want a memorable evening, make your reservations at Pinons.

• Visited January 2014
USA
“Excellent meal with prices to match”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I had the mountain trout with crab dinner. Delicious! Very responsive service although at times it seemed too much as servers waited to refill water after what seemed was every sip. But I think that's because it was the calm before the upcoming Christmas rush.

• Visited December 2013
Jupiter, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Meal”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Pinon came well recommended and did not disappoint. Our server was very friendly and attentive and the atmosphere was beautiful. Menu options were creative and there is something for everyone. I had the buffalo tenderloin, my wife the tofu enchilada, and both really enjoyed our meals. My dinner was as well executed as any I've had. If you are looking for something special, Piñon is it.

• Visited December 2013
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“First rate”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This was our first visit to Pinons as it was highly recommended by our hotel.

We were warmly greeted and given a table with a view. The wine selection was very good and the food was excellent. My wife does not eat red meat (mostly fish or chicken if vegan selection is missing) and we found the menu did accommodate her.

As can be expected this ia Aspen thus pricy but we were prepared for this. If we were locals I would expect to eat here on special occasions.

• Visited September 2013