“Good Breakfast”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
CO
“Good Breakfast”
Reviewed February 1, 2010

I loved this place atmosphere. They will seat you wherever there is a place, meaning you can probably seat down to eat next to people you don't know. Makes it great to get to know people from other places. The food was great and everyone was very nice. Went there for late breakfast on Sunday and the palce was pretty full.

Vermont
“A rare find in a small town”
Reviewed December 3, 2009

My brother and I stopped here on the way out of Aspen on our roadtrip from CA back to VT. We've been to a bunch of local restaurants, but this is one of my favorites so far. The look of the place is a little deceiving from the outside, but the atmosphere is comfy and casual. We sat down and were promptly visited by a server, who served our drinks and food is a timely manner. I had the Monterey Benedict (bacon, tomato, avocado and hollandaise) and my brother had the Berried Treasure (blueberry pancakes). For such a small place, the food was fantastic! I felt very welcomed and at home and thought that the service and food was great. The place was busy even for a thursday morning in the slow season of November. I would recommend this cafe to anyone and don't understand the couple bad reviews...

Sacramento, California
“Best Raspberry Jam in the world”
Reviewed October 19, 2009

This place is always hopping when Im in town.
You can get your pastry or coffee fix at the counter to go or sit and have a relaxed breakfast.
I like to sit and enjoy a meal with my friends. The favorites among my friends are Ham and Cheese Omelette (ME)... Biscuits and Gravy and Huevos Rancheros. The meals are big enough to share and yet yummy enough to keep all to yourself.
Now they have this raspberry Jam on the tables and it is to die for. They dont sell it, But rumor is I have a jar in my cupboard that I keep hidden from my husband and kids. SSShhh.. dont tell The Aspen police please! I love this jam.

Round Rock, Texas
“Disappointing”
Reviewed September 30, 2009

My husband & I visited here recently, after coming over Independence Pass into Aspen. It was a little after lunchtime, so we were just looking for anyplace that was open. We found the Main Street Bakery just as their grill was closing but were told they could still serve us most items on the menu. I wish we'd found somewhere else!

I ordered chicken noodle soup, which was bland & not hot enough. My husband got quiche which was much better. We both had issues with our meal, however, due to slow service (me needing butter, which I never got and he needing a fork, which took multiple reminders).

Despite there being at least 4 staff working and maybe 20 customers, the staff clearly couldn't keep up with people's needs. Everybody on the patio was waiting for something, yet the wait staff didn't check on us for at least 10 minutes. Even after we asked for our check, it took quite a while to get it.

I would not recommend you sit on the patio - uninspired chairs, views to messy yards & kitchen doors, and a very unappetizing odor. Beyond the immediately messy view, you could see a bit of the hills around Aspen, but I don't doubt there's plenty of better outdoor seating around town!

They had a large bakery case inside. Had the experience with our wait-staff been even a little better, we may have tried something. As it was, all we wanted to do was pay our bill and get out of town!

Admittedly, your experience might be better if you arrived at another time of day. But, based on our meal, I cannot recommend Main Street Bakery & Cafe.

Indiana
“Get there early, or at least avoid the entrance”
Reviewed August 9, 2009

I ate at the above location and would do so again but make sure you avoid having them seat you near the entrance. The reason: the number of inconsiderate people is endless. People would push past your table, those waiting in line would think nothing of either using one of your chairs for support or sticking their rears in your general direction. The place is always busy, so I would recommend that you sit on the patio outside and thus avoid the masses.