“Great place to eat in Aspen”
Review of Main Street Bakery & Cafe - CLOSED

Main Street Bakery & Cafe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This cafe and bakery has good service and excellent food. Sandwiches are fairly large so if we're not too hungry my wife and I often share a sandwich and split a nice muffin or other pastry for dessert.
It's a little off the beaten path, being a few blocks north of the main shopping area, but it's right on Main Street as you enter town so you can't miss it.
Parking can be an issue, but that's true of most of Aspen. The Main Street cafe is well worth the extra few block walk.
One tip: Breakfast is served until 11:30 so if you want lunch, arrive after that time!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

During our annual vacation in Aspen, my wife, our friends and I always visit the Main Street Bakery & Cafe for a reliably good meal for breakfast and lunch. The service is always friendly and excellent, and the fare is always delicious. My favorite is the veggie stir fry with tofu for lunch. The outside seating is wonderful.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

All sorts if good homemade food. We ate breakfast there; the wife's eggs Benedict was terrific, but my southern sausage & biscuit was a little thinner than expected although plentiful in quantity.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Delicious fresh soup that never gets tiring. This popular but small restaurant knows not to screw up a winning formula. this soup has fresh ingredients and no artificial garbage. even if it doesn't sound like a familiar item, one in your party should try it. Also, the tofu wrap with peanut sauce. this is healthy food, deliciously prepared. not expensive for Aspen.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

the food is wonderful here. pastries, breakfasts, lunch. simply wonderful. never had a bad meal. I also get their challah for shabbat -- reserve it though, or they're gone!