“Best Breakfast in Aspen”
Review of Poppycock's

Poppycock's
Ranked #37 of 161 Restaurants in Aspen
Cuisines: American, Diner, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 7, 2011

I love this place - very small, but oh-so-good. The pancakes are delicious - so good, in fact, that you can buy the dry mix and take it home. The owner told me the secret to making the best pancakes is to make the batter the night before and let it sit in the refrigerator all night before making them in the morning. I tried it - SO GOOD!!!

Reviewed October 30, 2010

There's nothing wrong with breakfast at Poppycock's. If it's the closest place and you're hungry, it'll satisfy the eggs & potatoes or griddle craving. The fans of this place seem to really like the pancakes, which are described as being cooked to the consistency of oatmeal in the middle. That sounded unpleasant to me, so I went with the French toast which was good. My better half ordered eggs, which came with potatoes and dry, store-bought (Sysco?) toast - again, nothing wrong with these, but nothing special. The service matched the food - average. The server forgot to bring a side of sausage, but at least it didn't show up on the bill.

Reviewed October 16, 2010

Got the oatmeal macadamia nut pancakes and they were delicious; three large pancakes make it a big breakfast. Coffee was very strong, though. Service was prompt and friendly.

Reviewed July 23, 2010

had the veggie crepes which were good, husband had pancakes, very good service

1  Thank czfam6
Reviewed July 7, 2010

I ate here while on vacation in Aspen. I ordered oatmeal pancakes, a vegetarian entree, and ate some beef hash which was hidden in the pancakes. I am vegetarian. Needless to say, I was disgusted. I informed the manager or owner (not sure), and he was polite and apologized. He offered to replace the pancakes. However, he returned with only TWO pancakes when I ordered three and had not even eaten part of the third pancake - so he gave me less than what was on my plate. I thought that really lacked class. When I got the bill, he still charged me for 3 pancakes. Not knowing whether the server knew, I told him when I received the bill that I was dissatisfied. The server took the bill to check and returned with the very same bill - no apology, no discount. I paid the entire bill with a credit card and was unhappy so I did not leave a tip. However, when I received my credit card statement they had added their own tip - completely fraudulent. I would never eat here again, nor would I recommend that anyone else eat here. Avoid it!

1  Thank shosh0207

Been to Poppycock's? Share your experiences!