“Great Aspen Dining”

Hickory House
Ranked #5 of 160 Restaurants in Aspen
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We really enjoyed our trip to Hickory House. While busy, we were able to get a seat quickly and the wait staff was great. We had our food quickly and the service continued to be top-notch. Our server made sure our glasses were full and that we had everything we needed to enjoy our meal. As others have said, the portion sizes really are as big as the menu says, so come with a big appetite or be ready to share. Coming from the South, I have a lot of BBQ experience. Hickory House didn't disappoint! I would recommend this to anyone looking for great food at a great value (especially for Aspen)!

There are newer reviews for Hickory House

Reviewed August 9, 2013

This was my favourite eating place in Aspen.The steaks, ribs were great. My steak especially was melt in the mouth.This place is also very popular with the locals.
Great value, good atmosphere. Shame they do not have Hickory house restaurant in England.
Would definitely recommend this to others looking for a good , reasonable meal

Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is a fantastic BBQ place. They give you so much food and it is so good. If you like BBQ, do not miss this place. Fantastic food, great prices.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

This used to be one of my favorite places in Aspen to eat. I have brought my whole crew here in the past for an after event debrief. Tonight i got an order to go that was really an insult. The ribs were OK but i got an extremely small order of potato salad (six bites), the beans tasted like they came from an extremely old can with vinegar added to hide the metal taste (made Van Camp look like gourmet) and NO utensils. And when were they voted best ribs in Colorado? A lot has changed in barbecue since the wheel was invented. If you get an order to go from here make sure you check it well. I found it overrated, and overpriced for what you get (I'm still hungry). I may give them a chance at some point to redeem themselves if I don't get sick. Is this any way to treat locals?

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Food is good and portion is also big. We ordered a big combo that comes with rib, pulled pork, beef, etc. and that is a lot of food. We also tried chicken wings and they are good too. Price is very reasonable in Aspen standards.

Been to Hickory House? Share your experiences!