“delicious and relaxed”

Hickory House
Ranked #4 of 164 Restaurants in Aspen
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Reviewed February 17, 2013

If you like informal dining and some of the best ribs you can imagine, this is the place to be. Location slightly out of town, so prepare for decent walk or get car to far end of Main Street.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We visited Hickory house a couple of times last year and it was the first place we headed for this year even after 23 hours of travelling. We visited 3 times this year in a 10 day period. You will not be disappointed with the restraint but I do advise you to book in advance to be sure you get a table. My favourite this year was the combo #1, half rack of ribs with smoked beef. 10/10

Reviewed February 15, 2013

The food and service was good. My wife and I shared a $20 meal for both of us consisting of ribs, salad and chicken which was plenty for us.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

This place has to be one of the best values in Aspen as the breakfast plates are big and hearty. First time I've ever had ribs & eggs but it not only works but I'm craving it right now!

Reviewed January 27, 2013

we ate here for a quick bite our first night. The place is packed early with good natured jostling. I enjoyed a simple burger and salad. My wife had a huge margarita and spicy ribs, an unfortunate choice at the end of a long day of travel from sea level. She should have had a more temperate selection the first night and go for the gusto later. Later on we met up with friends for beers at the bar and I also enjoyed a great breakfast one morning. It’s a simple but good place – go and enjoy!

Been to Hickory House? Share your experiences!