“Great food!”

Hickory House
Ranked #5 of 160 Restaurants in Aspen
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

We got the BLT and added turkey, it was incredible! Oh and we got the buffalo chicken wings for an appetizer, omg, those were awesome! My husband got the ribeye sandwich, it was good... It's actually a whole ribeye on bread! Lol:) got iced tea to drink, that was very fresh!

There are newer reviews for Hickory House

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We shared a couple of ribs combos plates and the food was superb. The Aspen Hickory House is in a small quaint log cabin, which is absolutely delightful. A must-visit whilst in Aspen.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great ribs, very reasonable prices, attentive service. All you could want if you want better than average ribs. I'm not sure they're the "best in Colorado" (that would be Rib City in Glenwood for my vote), but they were very good. We went late on a weeknight in early November - a very slow time for Aspen - and normally, at a ribs place, time to beware dried-out, overcooked ribs. In fact, our two orders of full rack baby-back ribs was perfection! Thoroughly cooked, meaty, and moist. Just short of fall off the bone. To do that so late on a slow evening shows a great deal of attention to their trademark offering.

My wife had a very nice fresh salad. I opted for potato salad, slaw and baked beans (traditionalist) and they were just fine.

The dining room had a nice, rustic decor with reasonably well-spaced tables. Service was attentive, informative and helpful. Our meals arrived very quickly. A half dozen or so good beers on tap, with wine choices as well. And, as I've said repeatedly, the price was on the low side for Aspen.

They've been around a long time and they do it right.

1  Thank Niwotois
Reviewed November 3, 2012

A hearty breakfast before hitting the slopes, or a great BBQ joint for a beer and some ribs when you are done. Bring the kids....and make them stand in line while you grab a cocktail :)

Reviewed October 27, 2012

As the title of this post says, I ate there twice, actually two days in a row. The ribs were awesome, really tender, good sauce. The pulled pork was really good as well. Sweet potato tater tots, need I say more? Would 100% go back here, even the bears love it, check out the articles on the wall at the front!

Been to Hickory House? Share your experiences!