“Decent food, but not much ambiance, all things considered.”
Review of Campo di Fiori

Campo di Fiori
Ranked #32 of 161 Restaurants in Aspen
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Southern Ohio
“Decent food, but not much ambiance, all things considered.”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The tables are not large, especially is you have 5 or 6 people. A decent bar area, but the general restaurant is not what you would call romantic or neat in any manner.

The food is generally pretty good- the pasta is good, can't complain. Prices are a bit high, though maybe not for Aspen. The salads were good also. I can't complain about the food really- it comes down to the overall experience, which drops my rating to mediocre when you factor in the other aspects of the dining experience.

If you eat dinner on a summer evening- the outdoor area would make for a better time I suspect.

• Visited September 2012

Dallas, Texas
“Busy and cozy”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is a standard pasta restaurant. Table squeezed together, pasta dishes good, service okay. Prices were fair, except the additional charge for a coffee refill. I never experienced that in a sit down restaurant before.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank glopo
“Great Service, ok food”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I've constantly loved the service at Campo but they're missing some good authentic italian food choices.

• Visited June 2012
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Crap rolls down hill...”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I've been going to Campo for 12 years now for my wife and I's traditional date night at the end of our annual stay in Aspen. Sometimes the food is great, sometimes average. Sometimes service is great, sometimes average, but we have so many great memories from this place we wouldn't have thought of changing...until now. We'll never go again! We happened to have a night where the food was below average. From tasteless salad's to undercooked pasta's we started sending dishes back because they were simply not edible. Our waiter, defending the kitchen and insinuating we were being too picky, became increasingly annoyed at us. I then went to go speak to the manager. This is where it get's interesting. His way of "handling the situation" was by letting us know we didn't have to pay for the food we didn't eat, in a very dismissive and non-apologetic manner. In my experience, a good manager tries to make it right...in any business. I explained to him our history there, and that we really didn't want anything free, just a good meal. Apparently that was too much to ask. We sat at the bar to try to salvage our evening there and explained to the bartender what happened. The manager actually came over to us, accused us of "bad-mouthing" him and his restaurant and told us to leave. We even then spoke with the owner, who although seemed like a nice man, unfortunately put his trust and faith in a terrible manager....and it all rolls downhill. Although the display of rudeness and disrespect didn't sit well with me, my wife was so appalled and hurt that we left. Although I have had my share of bad experiences at restaurants, this one takes the cake. I have never written a bad review or one this long about any business in my life, but this is deserving.

• Visited August 2012
4 Thank Jett23
west coast
“pike place dancer”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

food was good, I may have chosen badly since I picked a dish with ingredients ie squid that I don't like. My husband chose better but still felt the foood was fine but not special. Great dessert. Noisy.

Visited July 2012