“Excellent food excellent prices”
Review of 520 Grill

520 Grill
Ranked #23 of 168 Restaurants in Aspen
Cuisines: American
Description: Www.520 grill.com
Description: Www.520 grill.com
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Really impressed with the quality and portions. Ate with five Aspen Police Officers , and they love 520 Grill. The sweet potatoe French fries lived up to their reputation of being excellent. Bison burger was cooked to perfection.
Order at counter and they brought food to our table. Not fancy but really good food, which was just what we wanted after a day of hiking.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Okay, here's the deal: There are a lot of places with a lot of "hype" that you can eat in Aspen.

But, they are not the 520 Grill.

The 520 Grill isn't fancy. The 520 Grill isn't expensive (well...at least not by Aspen standards). And, the 520 Grill isn't quaint.

But, the 520 Grill will give you the best food in Aspen. Trust me.

The eclectic menu items are perfect for someone who can't decide between a chicken sandwich or hot dog.

Except the chicken sandwich is served in a pita with a bevy of peppers with an indescribably amazing sauce with a nice kick (I literally wanted to lick the sandwich).

Can't wait to eat there again.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Fresh, tasty and prepared exactly how you like it. A wonderful Bison burger with pepper jack cheese, and a side of well done sweet potato fries. Also try the grilled chicken sandwich and some of the best homemade soup in the town. One of my favorites in Aspen.
Great service and The Aspen Times always available to read while you eat.

2  Thank Don C
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have to admit, I'm not normally a "fries on the side" sort of girl. I merely tolerate fries (and turn a blind eye when my husband reaches over to snaffle them). 520 Grill was a major breakthrough for me - their sweet potato fries were perfection in a chip. A crisp, savoury outer shell, with a sweet, squidgy inside. Just fantastic...

Not to mention the burgers themselves! I had the two mini pulled pork burgers (the "Pig Out") - generous amounts of delicious, juicy pork topped with tangy coleslaw; my husband had the cajun chicken burger (the burger of the day) which was an open-faced burger bun with a generous-sized portion of grilled chicken topped with a pineapple salsa (no canned pineapple here; instead, fresh pineapple, grilled to caramelised perfection). In addition to the sweet potato fries we also had a side of the hand-cut potato chips - also worth eating.

This restaurant is a bit tricky to find - downstairs from "Chequers", which is just around the block from Rubey Park bus stop - but definitely worth a visit. Having visited "Boogies Diner" two nights previously (a more well-known, more exposed establishment) I can definitely say that although Boogies is worth a visit for their shakes, 520 Grill is THE place to go for a burger and fries. (Did I mention the sweet potato fries?) Do yourself a favour and check this place out!

1  Thank Travels_with_Em
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband is working in Aspen for a few weeks so we did not know where to go out. This was a great quick meal. They were thinking about closing early when we walked in as it was quiet but they were super friendly and served us all quickly. The food was great but I really liked the attitude of the staff as well.