“Love Those Sweet Potato Fries”
Review of 520 Grill

520 Grill
Ranked #30 of 160 Restaurants in Aspen
Cuisines: American
Description: Www.520 grill.com
Description: Www.520 grill.com
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Fresh, tasty and prepared exactly how you like it. A wonderful Bison burger with pepper jack cheese, and a side of well done sweet potato fries. Also try the grilled chicken sandwich and some of the best homemade soup in the town. One of my favorites in Aspen.
Great service and The Aspen Times always available to read while you eat.

2  Thank Don C
There are newer reviews for 520 Grill

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have to admit, I'm not normally a "fries on the side" sort of girl. I merely tolerate fries (and turn a blind eye when my husband reaches over to snaffle them). 520 Grill was a major breakthrough for me - their sweet potato fries were perfection in a chip. A crisp, savoury outer shell, with a sweet, squidgy inside. Just fantastic...

Not to mention the burgers themselves! I had the two mini pulled pork burgers (the "Pig Out") - generous amounts of delicious, juicy pork topped with tangy coleslaw; my husband had the cajun chicken burger (the burger of the day) which was an open-faced burger bun with a generous-sized portion of grilled chicken topped with a pineapple salsa (no canned pineapple here; instead, fresh pineapple, grilled to caramelised perfection). In addition to the sweet potato fries we also had a side of the hand-cut potato chips - also worth eating.

This restaurant is a bit tricky to find - downstairs from "Chequers", which is just around the block from Rubey Park bus stop - but definitely worth a visit. Having visited "Boogies Diner" two nights previously (a more well-known, more exposed establishment) I can definitely say that although Boogies is worth a visit for their shakes, 520 Grill is THE place to go for a burger and fries. (Did I mention the sweet potato fries?) Do yourself a favour and check this place out!

1  Thank Travels_with_Em
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband is working in Aspen for a few weeks so we did not know where to go out. This was a great quick meal. They were thinking about closing early when we walked in as it was quiet but they were super friendly and served us all quickly. The food was great but I really liked the attitude of the staff as well.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We had a group of five and all got something different. Kale and quinoa salad with wild salmon was awesome. Someone had a burger and said it was one of the best burgers ever eaten. Chicken quesadilla was so filling we had to bring it home. Steak rolladillas were so amazingly season and tender. Kids meal was too much for the kid! Service was outstanding. So good, my son asked if we could eat every meal there. Lunch for four adults and one child was $65 but this was expected in Aspen. Will return and recommend to others.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

If you like burgers you have to go to the 520 grill in Aspen,Co. Small whole in the wall very friendly people. Been their a couple times salads our awesome kelp salad with raw salmon, Cesar salad with grilled salmon, and all burgers are delicious.