“Couldn't improve! Guides are best in the business”

Elk Mountain Expeditions
Ranked #3 of 20 Tours in Aspen
More attraction details
Owner description: Elk Mountain Expeditions (EME) opened its doors in 2012 with the intent to bring a more personalized experience to the rafting industry. After 10 years working with many large rafting companies around the country we decided to start a company that is free of all the problems that accompany big business rafting. Smaller trips with highly trained guides, no hidden fees, and attention to detail set us apart from other companies in the Roaring Fork Valley. At EME, we are dedicated to providing excellent customer experiences on and off the water. Come out and see the difference a passionate and dedicated team of employees can make on your next river adventure. We are excited to share Aspen's beautiful rivers with you and your family.
Phoenix, Arizona
“Couldn't improve! Guides are best in the business”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

This is our second year rafting with Elk Mtn Expeditions. Today's rafting trip was fantastic. I'm 42 years old and our family had ages ranging from 9 to 79. We did a Class 3 rapid. This company is all about the experience, and making it personal. If your looking to raft, look no further.

Visited July 2014

Lebanon, New Jersey
“Great time at Slaughterhouse rapids”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Six of us went on the raft trip through slaughterhouse. I have never had so much fun!
All six of us were beginners and a tad nervous.
We even found a soccer ball that we named Wilson!
I would do this again in a heartbeat.
I left my shorts and jacket on the bus. We had discussed that we were eating at smokes
after the trip. Half way through the meal one of the guides showed up with my shorts and jacket!
These people are professional and take it seriously but also a lot of fun.
I felt very safe in their hands.
Go on one of their rafting trips.....you won't regret it!

Aspen, Colorado
“Found a new addiction”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Our family had the best day on the river with Elk Mountain Expeditions! We had a thrilling time in the rapids, followed a great blue heron down river, learned about the sport, and felt completely safe and relaxed the entire time. A great guide cannot ever be under estimated and Delfo was amazing! He made it all look easy. We cannot wait to get back out there with them!

st. louis
“Slaughterhouse”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Great Time with Elk Mountain Expeditions!! Provided wet suits, transportation, drinks, snacks and most importantly knowledge on what to expect when rafting. Can't wait to raft with them again! Would never use another company. They are the BEST in town. I researched all the other companies before making my decision.

Squaw Valley, California
“Best Day Ever!!!”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We had so much fun, and so many laughs rafting with the fine young men who run Elk Mtn Expeditions. James, Chris and Delfo made us feel very safe and secure with their instruction and expert handling of our rafts. Can't wait to do it again, I'd even venture to "The slaughterhouse" with them! You guys really rock! Thanks again, Diana M