“Much more than just a Creperie! Awesome Food :-)”

French Alpine Bistro - Creperie du Village
Ranked #3 of 161 Restaurants in Aspen
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Aspen Restaurant Recipient of Multiple Accolades La Crêperie du Village Recognized Nationally Cosmopolitan culinary connoisseurs searching for the elusive triad of a successful dining experience: excellent food, romantic atmosphere and reasonable prices, need look no further. The New York Times, in its February 7th, 2016 section, "36 Hours" in Aspen, Colorado, recommended La Creperie du Village as, "a cozy bistro" and fantastic dining option. Following suit, The Food Network, "...fell in love at first bite," and named French Alpine Bistro La Crêperie du Village as one of the Top 5 restaurants in the United States for Best Romantic Foods, specifically for their famous fondue. The French and Austrian owners have poured their hearts and souls into creating an atmosphere that is best described in one German word: gemütlich. The carefully chosen artifacts and candlelight combine to make this the perfect place for a romantic rendezvous, intimate rehearsal dinner or wedding party. According to co-owner KarinDerly, "We envisioned this as a place for people to create happy, lasting memories." Many many satisfied customers from around the world agree that La Crêperie du Village is a charming hideaway, surrounded by the Rocky Mountains, for lovers to share an intimate meal.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was in Aspen for the last couple of days and gotta say: I got the best food in town in the creperie. After a long and good day on the mountain there's nothing better than a hearty cheese fondue or the amazing raclette these guys offer. I couldn't try everything the first time so I had to come back because I wanted to try the crepes as well. And what should I say... Just perfect. A huge compliment to the chef! I had the Mountain Club and the French Connection - both really tasty and lots of food.
The place itself is worth visiting. Pay attention to all the details of the cozy decoration! I was very impressed by the atmosphere. As it turned out, they owners did everything themselves. Wow!
On my last day in Aspen I had the chance to sit on the terasse in the sun. I quite enjoyed that, too.
Certainly I will come back and recommend this place to my friends. It's worth the trip.

1  Thank Gerry S

Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

The crepes are fantastic! We had the mushroom crepe and one of their chocolate and banana crepes and both were amazing! We almost certainly would have come back if we stayed longer. The atmosphere and decor were unique as well.

2  Thank NUCat01
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Great fondue. What a place for a romantic night out. The staff was friendly and jovial and the food tasty and fun.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

A cute little restaurant that we happened upon for lunch! They were very crowded and we sat at the little round table right by the front door. My husband ordered the mushroom crepes and I had the very spicy curry crepes. Both were delicious! We'd love to go back to try the dessert crepes. Unique place!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

we wanted to try something new. apparently this opened about 1.5 years ago. tiny room, not all tables are great. low key place serving crepes and fondue. crepes were delicious. large portions. would go back.