“A fantastic lunch!”

French Alpine Bistro - Creperie du Village
Ranked #3 of 161 Restaurants in Aspen
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Aspen Restaurant Recipient of Multiple Accolades La Crêperie du Village Recognized Nationally Cosmopolitan culinary connoisseurs searching for the elusive triad of a successful dining experience: excellent food, romantic atmosphere and reasonable prices, need look no further. The New York Times, in its February 7th, 2016 section, "36 Hours" in Aspen, Colorado, recommended La Creperie du Village as, "a cozy bistro" and fantastic dining option. Following suit, The Food Network, "...fell in love at first bite," and named French Alpine Bistro La Crêperie du Village as one of the Top 5 restaurants in the United States for Best Romantic Foods, specifically for their famous fondue. The French and Austrian owners have poured their hearts and souls into creating an atmosphere that is best described in one German word: gemütlich. The carefully chosen artifacts and candlelight combine to make this the perfect place for a romantic rendezvous, intimate rehearsal dinner or wedding party. According to co-owner KarinDerly, "We envisioned this as a place for people to create happy, lasting memories." Many many satisfied customers from around the world agree that La Crêperie du Village is a charming hideaway, surrounded by the Rocky Mountains, for lovers to share an intimate meal.
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We enjoyed a nice lunch here. Everything was delicious and the atmosphere was great. Can't wait to go back in the summer time when they have outdoor seating. Creperie du Village is a wonderful addition to Aspen's restaurant scene.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Not cheap but mid range for Aspen-wonderful Europeon atmosphere-Friendly French guy owns it/manages it.

Some wines are $40 btl/Malbec etc are great and some are way to high priced don't bother.. The server we had was very nice but sold us on a $110 btl the 2nd visitand never otld us the price was triple what we had paid before........was embarassed to complain since she was very sweet.....

1  Thank Brian C
karinschwendtner, Owner at French Alpine Bistro - Creperie du Village, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you for your great rating and for taking the time to write a review.
We have a $110 bottle of Swiss Fendant on the wine list, which is the perfect pairing for Raclette and Cheese Fondue and pairs well with many other dishes. It is very hard to come by and we are proud to have it available for our guests. If the charge was less on the first visit then the sever had clearly made a mistake. We truly apologize.and hope it will not deter you from paying us another visit!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband & I were looking around for a place to eat & stumbled upon this gem. The owner, who is French, actually came up to us and told us about their specials and really welcomed us to join him! We went back with our sons (ages 17 & 20) and had quite the feast! First, the atmosphere is beyond expectations. A cozy, warm location where you are surrounded by pillows and warmth. Escargot-FANTASTIC! French Onion Soup-FANTASTIC! The Fondue & Racelette were fun and more than four can eat (ordered for two each and could not finish). I had a nice French Syrah too. Don't forget to try the truffle toasted almonds! This is a "must-go" experience in Aspen. You have to meet the owner & the help. Corey our waiter was amazingly friendly. I cannot wait to return.

2  Thank love2travel34678
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I've eaten here several times and loved it each time. The French onion soup is the best I've ever had, the crepes are amazing. Atmosphere is quaint and rustic.

2  Thank 895Cerveza
Reviewed December 29, 2012

My husband and I had a coffee at the Creperie this morning and we loved the ambiance so much that we decided to go back for lunch. We shared a savory crepe and a sweet crepe. Unfortunately, we were not thrilled by the food. The savory crepe had not enough filling in my opinion, and the sweet crepe was a bit bland. I also disliked the fact that the whipped cream was not real cream. I am European so I am very familiar with crepes, and I am sorry to say that I've had much better. Besides, the Glühwein was served to me at room temperature, which I thought was very odd. I would definitely go back for the ambiance though.

We are very happy to hear you enjoyed the great ambience we provide!
We like to point out though that we make fresh whipped cream every morning - it is the real deal! And yes, Glühwein needs to be served hot and we sincerely apologize that that was not the case when it was served to you. We hope you will give us another try on your next visit so we can make up for it. Our customers generally comment on our generously sized crepes and we would love for you to have the same experience!