“Maybe I should try it again...?”

French Alpine Bistro - Creperie du Village
Ranked #3 of 160 Restaurants in Aspen
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Aspen Restaurant Recipient of Multiple Accolades La Crêperie du Village Recognized Nationally Cosmopolitan culinary connoisseurs searching for the elusive triad of a successful dining experience: excellent food, romantic atmosphere and reasonable prices, need look no further. The New York Times, in its February 7th, 2016 section, "36 Hours" in Aspen, Colorado, recommended La Creperie du Village as, "a cozy bistro" and fantastic dining option. Following suit, The Food Network, "...fell in love at first bite," and named French Alpine Bistro La Crêperie du Village as one of the Top 5 restaurants in the United States for Best Romantic Foods, specifically for their famous fondue. The French and Austrian owners have poured their hearts and souls into creating an atmosphere that is best described in one German word: gemütlich. The carefully chosen artifacts and candlelight combine to make this the perfect place for a romantic rendezvous, intimate rehearsal dinner or wedding party. According to co-owner KarinDerly, "We envisioned this as a place for people to create happy, lasting memories." Many many satisfied customers from around the world agree that La Crêperie du Village is a charming hideaway, surrounded by the Rocky Mountains, for lovers to share an intimate meal.
Reviewed March 11, 2012

I saw an article on this place in one of Aspen's local publications, and got really excited. I mean, an entire menu of crepes, what's not to love?! So, we decided to travel from where we live in NewCastle(appx. an hour away) with some friends that were visiting, to spend the day in Aspen and have some crepes for brunch. When we walked in, we felt the immediate charm of the French countryside-style decor, and were seated in a cute little table tucked into a windowed corner. My husband and I were quickly blinded by the afternoon sun coming through the window that had no way to offer shade. When we were visibly showing discomfort and even brought it to our waitresses attention, the problem was not addressed, even though there were a few other tables open around the restaurant. So, we put on our sunglasses and ordered. When I asked for a bloody mary, the waitress looked at me like I was crazy, and said, " I don't think we make those, but I'll check". I sat there kind of puzzled as to why a place that offers brunch style fare doesn't serve bloody marys, let alone offer spectacular ones. I also noticed the place on the menu that read "full service bar". Huh? Needless to say, I got one that was ok, for $10, but whatever, that's not why I was there. The crepe selection was fabulous, however, once on the plate, not so much. I know it's Aspen prices, but there was very little filling whatsoever inside all of our crepes, and the price range was around $10-$14 if I remember correctly. Needless to say, I was still hungry, and was really interested in ordering some fondue to share with my group. The waitress was trying to change shifts, and cashed us out before we were even finished, promising another would be by to take care of us. Well that never happened, and we never got to order the fondue. Kinda lame! I really feel like this place could have something unique to offer if they just cared a little more.

karinschwendtner, Owner at French Alpine Bistro - Creperie du Village, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Erika!
Thank you for your feedback and thanks for visiting the Creperie! We would LOVE to offer you a free fondue, crepe of choice and one of our house cocktails or Bloody Mary! Please send us your mailing address so we can mail you a gift voucher to be redeemed upon your next visit as we would love for you to give us another try. We are confident that we can provide you with a rewarding experience. We have fixed a lot of the kinks since opening this last winter!

There are newer reviews for French Alpine Bistro - Creperie du Village

Reviewed March 10, 2012

I enjoyed it so much... I'm embarrassed to say I've been back a few times)
All I've had and it's wonderful--
Your Onion Soup is ... :) yummy

Reviewed February 28, 2012

I had the "French Connection" and it was very good. I also shared a dessert crepe and it was also very good, but they charged extra for the bananas added, and extra for a dollup of chocolate. The restaurant is small and somewhat charming, and had a romantic atmosphere in spite of the cheap lighting.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

It´s a great choice for after hours, in Aspen is quite difficult to find any kitchen open after 10pm. La Creperie du Village is a very cozy restaurant, french own, with a wide choice of crepes and great service. Late at night these guys have a DJ and thing become more exciting...Say hello to my friend Raphael, the owner, a french guy from Marseilles.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Crepes galore. Its nice to have a menu option that is different than your cuisine status quo. If you have never tried a crepe before, give this place try. there are lunch/dinner crepes and obviously dessert as well. though i enjoy the dinner/lunch crepes, i thoroughly enjoy the fresh fruit dessert crepes. The atmosphere is so quaint european, love it. the service can be somewhat absent at times, however if you have a good conversation going you wont miss it much. Wine Drinkers: Possibly the Most reasonable prices on glasses of wine in town, now with that being said you get what you pay for.