“Great for beginners”

Buttermilk Mountain
Ranked #14 of 107 things to do in Aspen
More attraction details
Owner description: Buttermilk is one of the best places in Aspen to learn to ski, brush up on your skills or just relax and take in the stunning scenery.
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I am an intermediate snowboarder so Buttermilk was a great place to go on our first day as a warm-up. Other than that the easy runs got boring very fast and the black double diamond runs were way beyond my ability! Great facilities and fabulous starting point for our holiday.

3  Thank LSN12

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Enjoyed our 1st time hear but we chose to snowboard. I injured my tailbone on the first day so I wasn't able to enjoy like my husband and daughters did one the second day. They became pros after just a few hours, I'm opting for skiing this year. I just couldn't get off the gondola or stop without falling, took 3 weeks to heal!

3  Thank Aneetra S
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Before coming to this mountain, we really underestimated it. My brother even said, "you want to ski on a mountain called buttermilk?" Riding the lift up, we realized how beautiful this place was, and the terrain was actually pretty good. Lots of blues and greens, and gentle blacks. If you have a powder day like we did, prepare for a whole 7 hours of it, because lift lines are non existent, and you might go a whole run without seeing more than 1 or 2 other people. Overall, a nice ski mountain.

3  Thank TexasLonghorn12
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Out of the four mountains of Aspen, Buttermilk is my favourite. Don't be fooled by her gentle name, some of the runs have a bite. It's the home of the XGames - but the reason I like it is for its array of green and blue runs. A beautiful mountain for average skiers. Lots of space. Great scenery. Good dining options. Awesome ski school.

3  Thank Susan S
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Lower levels with gentler slopes. Ideal for beginners, and has a good if somewhat expensive ski school. also some interesting wild life. the only porcupine we saw.

1  Thank John L