“Expected more...”
Review of bb's

bb's
Reserve with OpenTable
bb's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 160 Restaurants in Aspen
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Galena
Transit: The main Aspen bus stop is only 1 block away.
Description: Delicious fare lures locals and visitors up the stairs to this lively, sophisticated-but-casual restaurant and lounge. Chef Matt Zubrod is back in Aspen and heading the kitchen at bb's, where he creates his signature classic cuisine with a twist for lunch and dinner. Bb's dining room offers a warm, contemporary atmosphere. Floor-to-ceiling windows in the second-floor location afford beautiful views of the surrounding mountains and downtown Aspen. Lunch is back at bb's by popular demand! Patrons keep coming back for creative soups and salads, hearty sandwiches and entrees. Weekends bring the added bonus of favorite brunch items. Popular lunch items include the DLT Sandwich (duck bacon, duck confit, lettuce & tomato), Chef's Daily Inspiration Chili, MZ Burger with Onion Jam, Bacon & Gruyere, Pulled Chicken-Cherry Salad, and Kale & Quinoa Caesar. At dinner, small plates and large plates allow diners to choose not only what to eat, but how to dine - to share a variety of small plates or choose a traditional entree. Guests can also take advantage of casual dining in the lounge. Dinner guests enjoy favorites like Lobster Chowder, Tuna Tacos, Kale & Brussels Salad, Ahi Carpaccio, Broken Arrow Ranch Antelope, Brandt Beef Ribeye and Dover Sole Meuniere. Top it off with mouthwatering S'mores or the Colorado Artisan Cheese Plate for dessert. Bb's lounge offers a relaxing vibe, perfect for enjoying a hand-crafted cocktail or glass of wine by the fire. The lounge is an intimate gathering place, with windows overlooking the lights of downtown. Bb's... The place to "b" day and night!
“Expected more...”
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

First time in aspen and I was told that BB's was the place to have brunch. We got there and they told us that we could be immediately seated, and then they said 15-30 mins, and then said they'd seat us but we couldn't order food for a while cause the kitchen was backed up. Apparently they had a huge private party come in that was overwhelming them, which is fine and understandable. We got seated and order our coffees until we were told that we could order food. The coffees were good but they came out in soup bowls... The cardboard soup bowls. I was sure at first if that was the norm, but looking around proved thAt it wasn't... If I'm paying $6 for a cup of coffee at a brunch I expect it in some type of coffee cup. That was the only major downfall to the meal.. I was expecting more from what I was told. The food was good. I had the Irving omelet and I'd highly recommend it. The waiter was good as well and once we ordered the food came out within 20 min of ordering.

Visited September 2013

Aspen, Colorado
“Avoid.”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

BB's has always been one of my favorite spots. New dining room with great views and great and reasonable food. Last two meals there and this one is permanently off the list. Took friends for a 'thank you' dinner last night and was embarrassed I had recommended the restaurant. Food was inedible. New menu specials, " warm oysters" 'soup dumplings" and "tandoori lamb' were awful. Prices for mains have increased from mid $20's to mid $30's.
$300 dinner for 4 (didn't even attempt dessert). We left hungry and shaking our heads.

Colorado
“Very disappointed.”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I love the views from BBs patio so we usually take guests. The food is normally pretty good. Last week I took a friend for lunch. Her turkey sandwich was ok but the salad I ordered for $17 or $18 was pitiful. Tired romaine, a few tomatoes, jicama, $ cucumber. Very bland. When I mentioned it to friends they told me it hadn't been good lately. So disappointed.

Little Rock, Arkansas
“Our best brunch experience in Aspen”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Excellent combination of properly sun-protected terrace seating and creative menu items that take familiar dishes up a notch or two. Two of us had the Lobster BLT. A generous portion of chunky lobster salad garnished with bacon and avocado on what appeared to be a homemade roll that we pushed away and ate the lobster salad with a fork. Outstanding fries...hot and creamy in the middle. Excellent thick, chewy, tasty bacon. Others ordered bacon and eggs and were equally pleased. Bloody mary good but the price is way over the top and discouraged a couple of us from ordering.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrific, creative American food!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This was our second meal at BB's. we had a terrific brunch and, after eying the dinner menu, came back on our next trip. We loved the warm asparagus and wedge salads. The scallops, brick oven chicken, and lamb chops were all big hits. The waitress, Juliette, was very nice, and the patio seating overlooking a violin concert was a treat! We'll be back again.

• Visited August 2013

Been to bb's? Share your experiences!