“Our best brunch experience in Aspen”
Review of bb's

bb's
Reserve with OpenTable
bb's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 160 Restaurants in Aspen
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Galena
Transit: The main Aspen bus stop is only 1 block away.
Description: Delicious fare lures locals and visitors up the stairs to this lively, sophisticated-but-casual restaurant and lounge. Chef Matt Zubrod is back in Aspen and heading the kitchen at bb's, where he creates his signature classic cuisine with a twist for lunch and dinner. Bb's dining room offers a warm, contemporary atmosphere. Floor-to-ceiling windows in the second-floor location afford beautiful views of the surrounding mountains and downtown Aspen. Lunch is back at bb's by popular demand! Patrons keep coming back for creative soups and salads, hearty sandwiches and entrees. Weekends bring the added bonus of favorite brunch items. Popular lunch items include the DLT Sandwich (duck bacon, duck confit, lettuce & tomato), Chef's Daily Inspiration Chili, MZ Burger with Onion Jam, Bacon & Gruyere, Pulled Chicken-Cherry Salad, and Kale & Quinoa Caesar. At dinner, small plates and large plates allow diners to choose not only what to eat, but how to dine - to share a variety of small plates or choose a traditional entree. Guests can also take advantage of casual dining in the lounge. Dinner guests enjoy favorites like Lobster Chowder, Tuna Tacos, Kale & Brussels Salad, Ahi Carpaccio, Broken Arrow Ranch Antelope, Brandt Beef Ribeye and Dover Sole Meuniere. Top it off with mouthwatering S'mores or the Colorado Artisan Cheese Plate for dessert. Bb's lounge offers a relaxing vibe, perfect for enjoying a hand-crafted cocktail or glass of wine by the fire. The lounge is an intimate gathering place, with windows overlooking the lights of downtown. Bb's... The place to "b" day and night!
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Excellent combination of properly sun-protected terrace seating and creative menu items that take familiar dishes up a notch or two. Two of us had the Lobster BLT. A generous portion of chunky lobster salad garnished with bacon and avocado on what appeared to be a homemade roll that we pushed away and ate the lobster salad with a fork. Outstanding fries...hot and creamy in the middle. Excellent thick, chewy, tasty bacon. Others ordered bacon and eggs and were equally pleased. Bloody mary good but the price is way over the top and discouraged a couple of us from ordering.

There are newer reviews for bb's

Reviewed August 15, 2013

This was our second meal at BB's. we had a terrific brunch and, after eying the dinner menu, came back on our next trip. We loved the warm asparagus and wedge salads. The scallops, brick oven chicken, and lamb chops were all big hits. The waitress, Juliette, was very nice, and the patio seating overlooking a violin concert was a treat! We'll be back again.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Great 2nd floor outdoor terrace. Excellent service and the food is fantastic. Make sure to request a table outside.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I always have a great meal at BB's Kitchen. The food is very good, both for dinner and brunch. I prefer brunch, because they bake everything in house. In the evening, the atmosphere varies wildly depending on the night. Sometimes it is packed, lively and fun, other times it is dead quiet on a Saturday evening. It is a great spot to sit outside when the weather is nice. While pricey, the cost is certainly better than other spots in Aspen.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have always had great meals and great service at BB's Kitchen. In fact, I have recommended it often, which is why I was so disappointed the other night when both the food and the service were awful. The waiter was no where to be found when needed.

First, the watermelon salad was soggy and had about three pieces of arugula on it. Then we ordered the rib eye. It was a very thin cut of meat, undercooked, tough and also soggy. It had no sear on it and they served it with two sauces, which mixed together for an awful taste. My friend ate it so I ordered something else...the veal chop. This also came out very undercooked. It was so undercooked that not only could I not cut through the fat and the connective tissue but when I took home the left overs, even my dog wouldn't eat it b/c she couldn't chew it!

Last, the dessert they gave us for free to try and overcome the awful meal was terrible and we sent it back. I really hope this was just a fluke b/c BB's used to be one of my favorite restaurants. So after spending $100 I basically had soggy, undercooked food and a few glasses of red wine.

Been to bb's? Share your experiences!