“Delicious food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Galena
Transit: The main Aspen bus stop is only 1 block away.
Description: Delicious fare lures locals and visitors up the stairs to this lively, sophisticated-but-casual restaurant and lounge. Chef Matt Zubrod is back in Aspen and heading the kitchen at bb's, where he creates his signature classic cuisine with a twist for lunch and dinner. Bb's dining room offers a warm, contemporary atmosphere. Floor-to-ceiling windows in the second-floor location afford beautiful views of the surrounding mountains and downtown Aspen. Lunch is back at bb's by popular demand! Patrons keep coming back for creative soups and salads, hearty sandwiches and entrees. Weekends bring the added bonus of favorite brunch items. Popular lunch items include the DLT Sandwich (duck bacon, duck confit, lettuce & tomato), Chef's Daily Inspiration Chili, MZ Burger with Onion Jam, Bacon & Gruyere, Pulled Chicken-Cherry Salad, and Kale & Quinoa Caesar. At dinner, small plates and large plates allow diners to choose not only what to eat, but how to dine - to share a variety of small plates or choose a traditional entree. Guests can also take advantage of casual dining in the lounge. Dinner guests enjoy favorites like Lobster Chowder, Tuna Tacos, Kale & Brussels Salad, Ahi Carpaccio, Broken Arrow Ranch Antelope, Brandt Beef Ribeye and Dover Sole Meuniere. Top it off with mouthwatering S'mores or the Colorado Artisan Cheese Plate for dessert. Bb's lounge offers a relaxing vibe, perfect for enjoying a hand-crafted cocktail or glass of wine by the fire. The lounge is an intimate gathering place, with windows overlooking the lights of downtown. Bb's... The place to "b" day and night!
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The choices and the favors at BB's are outstanding. The Chinese soup dumplings are an amazing appetizer. The duck breast was remarkably tender and the spices were fabulous. The warm crepe desert melted in my mouth. My friends were equally excited about their meals and the whole evening was topped off with a beautiful double rainbow after a brief Aspen shower!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Arrived late evening when restaurant was not crowded. Seated promptly but waiter never came to take our order. Ultimately manager came over and apologized for being short staffed. Still took a long time for light snacks. Food was good but spoiled by the service.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I highly recommend the Happy Hour - sit outside on the upper deck with amazing views and good specials. The grilled oysters are incredible. We also dined here and everything was great. Pricey as most restaurants in Aspen but not as expensive as some.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Bb's is relatively new in Aspen, but looks to become an institution. Food is varied, thoughtful, and uniformly good, and the atmosphere is really nice, especially the outdoor upstairs patio. This summer, there's classical music on Tu, Th & Sat outside, which is a nice accompaniment.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We came here last year for breakfast and it was excellent.

But we tried dinner tonight and it was, without a doubt, the worst restaurant experience in Aspen.

We should have known when there not one other couple, at 730PM, in the restaurant (there were a couple on the patio).

First, the service was weird. The server did not know the menu.

My wife ordered artichokes as an appetizer and they were unedible.

Then, the server kept asking my wife why she didn't like them - almost as if she needed to give a bill of particulars before he would take them away.

Then I noticed he asked a man in a checked shirt - more on him later - if he could comp the appetizer and the fellow in the checked shirt said no.

Then our main course came. My wife's salmon was completely uncooked, making it uneatable.

My ribeye steak had some sort of crazy salsa on top which was not specified on the menu, so I sent that back.

At this point I wasn't upset.

Then the manager came over. He was dressed in a checked shirt. He wanted to know why we didn't like the food. No apology or anything. We were willing to pay the full tab (although I knew he had already told our server that he wanted us to pay for my wife's artichokes which she only ate one of)....but he wanted to make a big deal by saying he was "buying my steak." Please. I never even touched it.

I think he wanted us to say thanks.

When I told him I didn't want to give a critque of his restaurant he rolled his eyes as he pranced off.

The manager is what made this experience the worst. His conduct was so obviously melodramatic and inappropriate another server came over, apologized, and asked if he could direct us to another restaurant. That was a classy move.

Bottom line is the food was awful. But that happens and would not have warranted a one star. It was the conduct of the manager which is what moved this to the lowest possible rating.

Do not go here.