“Daytime Historical Tour "Not Darkside Tour"”

Aspen Walking Tours
Ranked #4 of 22 Tours in Aspen
More attraction details
Owner description: Stories of Ghosts, Murder, & Mayhem or Classic History, Dean's Aspen Walking Tours are guaranteed to entertain the local and visitor alike. Aspen's Past to Present is a classic walking tour of historic downtown Aspen, while Aspen's DarkSide is an evening walk that delves into the tarnished past of this silver boom town, and the Burial Hill walk gets personal with the residents of Aspen's pioneer cemetery.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My wife and I met Dean at the old opera house to start our tour at 10:30 am. Dean is dressed in character, well spoken, friendly, and very knowledgeable. We were the youngest people on the tour. I do not think younger people think of doing an activity like this, but they SHOULD. I am in my early 40's and totally enjoyed learning about the history of Aspen and the events that occurred with the locals and in the various buildings. The fee is $20 per person and is worth every dollar for this 90 minute tour.

1  Thank Marco_Rider

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Enjoyed the tour. Learned a few new things I hadn't heard in my years living here. I'd recommend it to anyone that might like to hear some colorful history.

1  Thank aspentraveler
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This was our first visit to Aspen, and as we were looking through a list of available things to do, we came across the Aspen Walking Tours. The Dark Side Tour seemed very intriguing, and since the weather was hot during the day, it seemed like a fun adventure to do at night. Dean was an excellent host and very personable, and he related the stories in an informative and entertaining fashion. The entire tour lasted just over an hour but could have easily gone longer as we were captivated with Dean's historical knowledge and narrative ability. Overall, the tour was fun and an excellent choice for my wife, twin teenage sons, and myself. It provided an opportunity to learn about some of the history of Aspen and it's darker side while familiarizing us with the city as we walked around to the different landmarks. One practical note - although the walk is an easy one, comfortable walking shoes are recommended. We're looking forward to experiencing one of Dean's other walking tours on our next visit to Aspen. Thank you, Dean, for a memorable experience!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Dean was very knowledgeable and did an excellent job catering the tour to our needs and wishes; the dark side of Aspen. His tour is polished, not cheesy but authentic, and he keeps you wanting more. A must do!

1  Thank GLMoe
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I am a Colorado historian who loves to go on haunted history tours whenever the opportunity presents itself. I find that it is a fun way to learn about a town. I could'nt wait to go on Aspen's Dark Side Tour because I had heard so many good things about it! Right away I could tell that the guide was a real pro with his theatrics, humor, wit and dazzling manner! This walking tour was like a "moveable feast." (in the words of Hemmingway) with amazing stories about Aspen's dark and spooky past. My favorite story was about the Pitkin Country Courthouse where a statue of the blind justice standing high and mighty on the precipice is mysteriously missing her blindfold. Want to know why? You will have to go on Dean's Dark Side Tour to find out! Thanks for a wonderful tour! I will be back next summer to try out another one of Dean's tours! Stephanie Waters, Colorado author