“Awesome Aspen adventure, so many fun things to learn about the town I love from a fantastic and fun guide!”

Aspen Walking Tours
Ranked #4 of 20 Tours in Aspen
More attraction details
Owner description: Stories of Ghosts, Murder, & Mayhem or Classic History, Dean's Aspen Walking Tours are guaranteed to entertain the local and visitor alike. Aspen's Past to Present is a classic walking tour of historic downtown Aspen, while Aspen's DarkSide is an evening walk that delves into the tarnished past of this silver boom town, and the Burial Hill walk gets personal with the residents of Aspen's pioneer cemetery.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Dean was very knowledgeable and did an excellent job catering the tour to our needs and wishes; the dark side of Aspen. His tour is polished, not cheesy but authentic, and he keeps you wanting more. A must do!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank GLMoe

Manitou Springs, Colorado
“Aspen's Dark Side Tour”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I am a Colorado historian who loves to go on haunted history tours whenever the opportunity presents itself. I find that it is a fun way to learn about a town. I could'nt wait to go on Aspen's Dark Side Tour because I had heard so many good things about it! Right away I could tell that the guide was a real pro with his theatrics, humor, wit and dazzling manner! This walking tour was like a "moveable feast." (in the words of Hemmingway) with amazing stories about Aspen's dark and spooky past. My favorite story was about the Pitkin Country Courthouse where a statue of the blind justice standing high and mighty on the precipice is mysteriously missing her blindfold. Want to know why? You will have to go on Dean's Dark Side Tour to find out! Thanks for a wonderful tour! I will be back next summer to try out another one of Dean's tours! Stephanie Waters, Colorado author

Visited July 2013
New York, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great for families”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Dean gave my family an awesome experience by taking us on the "Dark Side" tour of Aspen. I'd been to Aspen a million times, but never learned too much about the history of the town. Well, that all changed during Dean's tour! He is extremely knowledgeable about the history of Aspen, and the area, and tells it in such an entertaining and fun way that I'll never forget it. I totally recommend this tour to anyone going to Aspen. If you've been going to Aspen for years, or f its your first time, you will learn a lot about the town. And really, how much shopping/skiing/hiking can you really do?! Take a tour, learn something new!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Dan C
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Marvelous”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

As you can tell by all the other excellent reviews of the Aspen Walking Tours, they are not to be missed. What we appreciated most about our tours (we took the Dark Side Tour as well) is that they were a great basis for our vacation in Aspen. Knowing some of the history and tales made our experience in Aspen that much richer and meaningful. We enjoyed every minute of the tours and plan to come back to take the Halloween tour. Dean's passion for Aspen comes through in every story.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Annie3_11
Perth
4 attraction reviews
“Passionate, knowledgable and fun.”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Really enjoyed the historical walking tour. Dean was very knowledgable and interesting. Great way to learn more about the area and how the town developed.

Visited March 2013

Been to Aspen Walking Tours? Share your experiences!