“Must must ride to top on sunny day - red cars have music”

Silver Queen Gondola
Ranked #7 of 102 things to do in Aspen
More attraction details
Owner description: For great views of the surrounding area, hop aboard this popular gondola that takes 18 minutes to get to the top of Aspen Mountain. Summer 2015 Hours Daily: June 20 - September 7, 2015 Weekends: May 23-25, 30-31; June 6-7, 13-14; September 12-13, 19-20, 26-27; October 3-4 Silver Queen Gondola Hours: 10 am - 4 pm (last ride down at 4:30 pm)
Arlington, VA
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Must must ride to top on sunny day - red cars have music”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

If your in aspen and not a skier you must take gondola to top on sunny day and take in the view. In the winter if it's cloudy do not take up wasted trip. In winter on sunny day go up for lunch. Get your picture taken By professional at top. Make sure to go up for lunch. They have a wok and can make any combination you like to Order. It is all cafeteria style but worth it! Red cars have music or dock you can attached you iPod. FYI in summer week days limited menu full menu on weekends. If you hike up mountain in summer free ride down.

Visited March 2014

Jakarta, Indonesia
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“'Gorgeous Scenery"”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We came here straight from Denver. It took us 3 hours drive, because we stop quite a few a long the way. We took the Gondola to the top, and ate at the restaurant. The food is quite satisfying. I definitely will come here again.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank Eddie D
Bowral, Australia
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“An icon”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

This efficient and beautiful gondola has a special place in the heart of Aspen skiers. It is state of the art, comfortable and the setting for so many interesting conversations with fellow skiers, strangers or friends. The ride is quick, comfortable and the view is spectacular. Non skiers can enjoy a ride up and down.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Mira G
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Beautiful View”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

My husband and I went in July and if you can get over being suspended high in the air for the ride, which I had trouble with, it was absolutely breathtaking!I I'm sure for most people it is fine, I just have a lot of anxiety with that kind of thing. My husband and I had a gondola to ourselves both ways. It was cooler up there but middle of the afternoon I was good in shorts and a tee shirt, maybe could have used a light sweater. We ate at the restaurant at the top and the food was pretty good, a very nice building and an outdoor deck to eat on. We walked around for a little while and there was some live music in a clearing a short walk from the restaurant.It looked like there were some activities set up at the top of the gondolas too, a rock climbing wall and stuff but we didn't check that out. It was a beautiful place to see, if I could get over the ride up,I would definitely go back!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank mandalyn76
Canberra, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Gondola Glory”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

situated at the bass of ajax mountain the silver queen gondola gives off great views of aspen. Restaurants at the bottom of the gondola are also pretty good as well. And for the skiers the gondola is quick so you can get lots of runs in.

Visited February 2013