The St. Regis Aspen Resort
$189
Mountain Chalet Aspen(Aspen)(Great Value!)
$129
The Limelight Hotel(Aspen)(Great Value!)
$268
  • Breakfast included
The Gant(Aspen)(Great Value!)
$266
Hotel Aspen(Aspen)(Great Value!)
$329
$263
Hotels.com
Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort(Aspen)(Great Value!)
$375
  • Pool
St. Moritz Lodge & Condominiums(Aspen)(Great Value!)
$75
The Inn at Aspen(Aspen)(Great Value!)
$132
Hotels.com
Aspen Meadows Resort(Aspen)(Great Value!)
$237
$212
The Little Nell(Aspen)(Great Value!)
$497
  • Pool
1,014 results
All reviewsbutler serviceoxygen loungechampagne saberingremede spamary patchefs clubski shoplobby barbeautiful hotelturn down servicein townshadow mountainski valetconcierge desklittle nellhot chocolateone bedroom suite
Reviewed July 20, 2007

We really had no expectations when we checked into the St. Regis - other than it would be a great experience given the price they were charging for the room. The checkin was fine - courteous and efficient. The hallway leading to the room obviously had ventilation problems as it was muggy and hot. Thankfully the airconditioning worked in our room. The room itself is contemporary in decor in a "safe" generic hotel style. It is nicely appointed although not in anyway a "wow". Again, for the price, I would have expected much more luxury in the bathroom - not the typical tub/shower combo as it is, and average amenities - in fact lacking in some as I was looking for a nail file....

The real problem is with the sound proofing. Our room adjoined a neighbouring room with a thin single door - through which we could hear every snort, grunt and cough. Not attractive. The noise through the door to the hallway was ridiculous also partly due to the fact that housekeeping is obviously not trained in the skill of working quietly at 8:30 in the morning. Walkie talkies blaring out room numbers, comparisons on who is doing what, and internal disputes all at our doorway. One housekeeper was rude enough to walk right into our room at 8:30 on the only sleep in morning we had, even though the big white DO NOT DISTURB sign was on the door!!!

The service in the restuarant bar was probably the best experience of the whole place (thank you Vuu) - otherwise this hotel is a total pass unless they rename it a motel 6 and you go with those expectations.

2  Thank 5stargirl
Reviewed July 15, 2007

I spent a weekend at the St. Regis and came away feeling a bit late down. It is certainly a luxury hotel, though felt more like a Grand Hyatt than a St. Regis in terms of the furnishings, carpeting, etc. The walls are EXTREMELY thin...one morning my husband and I were treated to an x-rated audio show, which was quite funny but something you would expect at a low-budget motel with paper-thin walls, not something you'd expect at a Four Seasons or St. Regis!

As for room service and poolside food, it was terrible. I've had better cesear salads at nondescript Marriotts on business trips. They really need to work on this. The staff we encountered at the St. Regis (and indeed everywhere in Aspen) were absolutely sweet, helpful, and unpretentious. We did enjoy our stay at the St. Regis, but I felt that in terms of decor, the dark paneling, immense fireplaces, etc. would probably be more welcome as a respite from snow and skiing than from 85 degree sunny weather.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank Jenny F
Reviewed June 23, 2007

I absolutely love this St. Regis. When I went there they made me feel like a celebrity and it was great! When I saw the outside it looked small and I wasn't expecting much. When I got inside though, it was beautiful. I went in the winter and it was so cozy inside. There is a little lounge area in the lobby with a piano player and a fire place. We stayed in a suite and there was a little lounge on our floor just for the people staying on our floor. We got breakfast , drinks, and snacks there. We also got a butler which was so cool. He brought us whatever we wanted (chocolate covered strawberries :-) If you have kids and you want them to learn how to ski, send them to the ski school at buttermilk mountain. They can actually take a bus to and back from there although you should probably go with them. At night we would usualy walk to dinner beacause a lot of restraunts were close by. Be careful though because Aspen is not a cheap place. After dinner we would always go swimming outside (!) and it was cold but as sson as you got in the water it was great. The water was so warm and felt so good after a day of skiing. They also have a spa here which my aut went to and loved it.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank prettynpink66227
Reviewed June 14, 2007

Just back from our 2 nights at the St. Regis. The hotel was beautiful and service was outstanding. We had booked through their website for a deluxe king bed room with fireplace. Upon arrival, we were given a room without a fireplace; however, the front desk immediately changed it for us when we pointed out our guarantee e-mail with the room description. We stayed in Room 153. While it was no fault of the hotel, I would warn people against staying in this wing. There is construction directly across the street and the noise was distracting. Aspen is just growing. We had dinner in the Olives restaurant. The food was excellent and we were spoiled by it since our second night dining experience at Campo de Fiore was not as good. Would definetly recommend the hotel. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cheesi
Reviewed May 28, 2007

I made the reservation at the hotel for our anniversary weekend because of an advertised "spring special". We love Aspen but have never been able to afford the rates in or out of season. I figured this would be a great splurge! In general, it was. The staff was fabulous but there were several little niggling things that keep me from rating our stay as 'excellent'. Although the room rate was discounted, there are additional charges that we were not made aware of at the time of booking: $28 per night parking fee and 14.95 per day for wi-fi access. A hotel of this caliber charging for services like this (particularly charging so much!) feels rather unseemly. Turn down service mid-afternoon also seems odd as does the fact that the mini-bar/fridge automatically rings a charge when the door is opened. Olives, the hotel restaurant, was only average. Wine list, though, excellent! I've rated this above average for the following reasons: staff response to regular and unusual requests (walked and picked up dog's poop at 6:00am! when we were on a hot air balloon trip), bottle of complimentary champagne for our anniversary, great room and linens, hot tubs, dog treats by the dozens, cleanliness, and spa--fantabulous!!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple