“Our favorite place to stay in Aspen, by far”

The St. Regis Aspen Resort
Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Aspen
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Our favorite place to stay in Aspen, by far”
Reviewed May 13, 2010

Great hotel in every way. All employees provide excellent service. Especially enjoy friendliness and service provided by Mary Beth in the restaurant. Lobby lounge is great place to meet friends and relax. Rooms are large, well appointed and equipped to the smallest detail, very clean.....

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Murrieta, California
Reviewed April 29, 2010

This is a very nice hotel. It’s close to all the great Aspen restaurants and shopping. We had a terrific stay here. The staff was attentive and very friendly. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants the finer things in life as well as a great Aspen experience.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Florida
Reviewed April 10, 2010

The St. Regis made our trip to Aspen most enjoyable! From picking us up at the airport to having our skis ready every morning, St. Regis made our stay the easiest and most hassle-free ever. With a 6 and 8 year old, we were concerned that the St. Regis would be a bit "stuffy". But this was totally not the case. The staff and atmosphere was extremely family friendly (even getting a teddy bear from Mr. Ben Mollere). We will be back and highly recommend this incredible town and hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Boston
Reviewed April 6, 2010

Spent two night at St. Regis Aspen in February. I booked early on the website and got almost a 50% off deal, but still I didn't think it was worth that price I paid for. Before checking in St. Regis, I spent four nights at The Little Nell and had to say The Nell beats St. Regis in every aspect.

The Nell is pretty much in the center of the town and where all the actions take place, St. Regis is a bit tucked away, but still good walking distance to everything in town. They did not have enough bell men at the front door, sometimes I did not see anyone at the door at all which is very odd.
I arrived a bit early on my first day, probably around 2 pm and was told that my room was not ready. The front desk put down my cell number and told me that they will call me once the room is ready. Since I did not like sitting in the lobby doing nothing, I told the front desk that I'm going to the spa for a maniure.
After I'm done with my manicure, spent some time in the relaxation room for a while, still no call. I went upstairs and asked the front desk if my room is ready, and the front desk lady was like "oh we called you a few times but the phone did not go through". My phone was fine, and she knew I was in the spa, couldn't she at least call down to the spa and ask the staffs at the spa to let me know that my room is ready?
The spa and facilities, however, was great
I enjoyed my manicure and confirmed a spa treatment for the next day at the spa's front desk. Next day I called the spa and asked if I can change the time of my appointment, and I was told that they did not have a record of me booking a spa treatment at all! I was surprised that even a simple spa treatment booking could go wrong and was really disappointed.

I booked a deluxe mountain view room, which I believe usually costs USD 1000+ per night in high season. The corridor is dark and looks outdated, and I was shocked to learn how small my room is when I walked into the my deluxe room. The whole room was pretty much the size of my bathroom at The Little Nell. What's more ridiculous...there was not even a proper luggage rack for my large suitcase and they had to put my luggage on the sofa chair. I was glad that I had the room all to myself because there's no way to share this tiny room with someone else. My room does have a nice partial mountain/partial courtyard view, and the bed with Pratesi linen was comfortable. The bathroom....was pretty basic, it didn't even have a separate bath. This room made me feel like I'm staying at a regular Sheraton rather than a St. Regis.

As for the service....St. Regis certainly doesn't have that personal touch like The Little Nell, the staffs were always too busy with their stuffs that they don't really smile at you or care to greet you when they see you.
They also have shuttles that drive you around town, but not including the ski resorts which is really weird, so if you'll want to ski Snowmass/Highland/Buttermilk, they'll just ask you to go across the street to catch the bus, which is really easy, but just doesn't feel right cuz you thought with the price you paid, the hotel is supposed to take care of everything for you.

One interesting thing I noticed was that how busy the St. Regis lobby is during apres ski and in the evening, there's live music at night, and people were buzzing in the lobby from 4pm to 11pm! It's even more noisy than The Little Nell at night.

My stay at the St. Regis was definitely not impressive and a disappointment. This is my first St. Regis stay, and I thought it's just a cold hard manor in Aspen. It is a beautiful property, and I love the decor in the public areas, but err the size of the room and the non-existing service, there is no way I'm gonna return.
I think St. Regis Aspen would be the perfect place for corporate retreat in town though.
If you're someone who prefer good service with personal touch, avoid the St. Regis at all cost!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Washington, DC
Reviewed April 6, 2010

As a Starwood platinum member, you get some nice perks here. In addition to the room upgrades, you get free access to the spa facility (unless you are getting some massage or other service, spa access will run $25/day). The St Regis has complementary shuttle service for you to and from the airport, as well as throughout Aspen; and, they will arrange for any other transportation required. You do not need a car here, unless you have a phobia of buses, which are available directly outside the hotel and have free service to all 4 mountains for skiers. Further conveniences are available through the Aspen Sports ski shop across the street, which has St Regis ski valets to take your equipment at the end of the day and have it for you the next. All rentals and purchases at the Aspen Sports ski store are billable to your room and offered at a discount (25% off rental and 10% off purchases). The hotel has two outdoor hot tubs and one outdoor pool for end of the day relaxation. Even better for warming at the end of the day is getting a cocktail or hot chocolate next to the fireplace at the center of the lobby. If you happen to be there for business, they have a pretty extensive set of services (computer access, printing, etc.).

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
STRASPEN, Executive Assistant to General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this review, April 9, 2010
Thank you very much for the very positive comments you posted regarding your recent stay at the St. Regis Aspen Resort. I’m pleased to hear that you, as a platinum member, enjoyed your stay very much and all of the amenities that the St. Regis Aspen has to offer. It sounds as though you had a very worry-free vacation and a pleasant experience all around, which is what all of us at the St. Regis Aspen strive to deliver to all of our guests. Once again, thank you for your comments and we hope to welcome you back very soon. Kind regards, S. Geray, General Manager.
trcarter1
Reviewed April 1, 2010

Amazing food, great service and views that made my wife almost cry make this our favorite hotel in Aspen.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Miami
Reviewed April 1, 2010

Loved our experience! The location was great and we did not need a car, the hotel took us everywhere we needed, even though everything is in walking distance. The staff was helpful and went out of their way to meet our needs. The restaurant staff was attentive and helpful with my children. The lobby area was friendly as we all hang out after skiing and had food and drinks. Housekeeping actually straighten up our room besides cleaning it, and replaced all the items we used, even if bottles were half used. They planned all our dinners. A no-brainer of a vacation. We recommended our friends and they spoke to someone in the sales department to plan an event and were also happy. it was nice to go on vacation and be pleasantly surprise by an experience that exceeded our expectations.

Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
It was certainly a pleasure to read your comments about your recent stay at the St. Regis Aspen Resort and how everything about your stay exceeded your expectations. I am also pleased to hear how all of the staff you interacted with was extremely helpful to you and your family and made for a very relaxing and enjoyable vacation. I sincerely hope that we may welcome you back for your next vacation as it would be a pleasure to have you here once again. Kind regards, S. Swan, Executive Assistant.