“one amazing experience can make your stay priceless”

The St. Regis Aspen Resort
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Aspen
Reviewed January 25, 2014

This is my third stay with the St. Regis Aspen. We're loyal Starwood folks & have stayed at 5+ different St. Regis properties. As expected, the service in Aspen is top notch.

Today, per usual, we ordered room service for breakfast. The food arrived promptly in the hands of Tim from Private Dining. I stayed in bed while he delivered & mentioned that I'm having slight altitude sickness. He asked several times if there was anything he could do & left the room when I said I'd be fine.

15 minutes later there was a knock at the door. It was Tim, checking to see if I was okay & delivering tea & water to help alleviate some of the symptoms. This, ladies & gentleman, is why the St. Regis Aspen is second to none when it comes to service in this town. I asked him how long he's been with the hotel- this in an INTERN with attention to detail & service that I've yet to see from some of the most seasoned professionals in the hospitality industry. When ordering room service, ask for Tim- he'll make your heart happy!

On a side note, the 60-minute massage during the winter season goes up to $195 from $165 after 3:30pm even though this isn't posted on the online spa menu. I was told it's not posted since it's "seasonal." We learned this the hard way- it was never mentioned to us during booking. So book early or be aware that you'll spend extra dough for the same service (which is pretty special).

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
StRegisAspen, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Valued St. Regis Aspen Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post comments regarding your January stay at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. I am delighted to hear that you received such uncompromising, bespoke service from Jim, with our private dining team. Unfortunately, I am dismayed to read of your difficulties in adjusting to the altitude here in Aspen, but I am pleased that our staff was able to make this adjustment smoother for you.

Regarding your experience with treatment fees at our Spa, we sincerely apologize that you were not made aware of the variation in pricing at the time you booked your service. This certainly does not meet our service standards, and for that I apologize. I encourage you to reach out to my office directly if you would like to discuss these matters further.

It was an absolute joy to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back to Aspen in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 22, 2014

St.Regis aspen is a wonderful luxury resort for the ski enthusiasts or even for the average tourist that would visit aspen to taken in the absolutely beautiful landscape.
If you are a ski bum, St. Regis is located about 2 blocks away from the gondola ride that would take you to the top of Aspen mountain or a block away from the RFTA bus station that would get you a free shuttle to Snowmass or Buttermilk.
The hotel has a warm feel to it that would remind you about bonfires and smores (speaking of which they serve in house marsh mellows and graham crackers every evening at 7.00 pm next to a warm bonfire)
The rooms and the hotel facility is clean and the service is impeccable, as one would expect in a St.Regis. The hotel is right at the base of the mountain and looks like a fairy tale castle against the backdrop of snow covered mountain sides.
The Spa services are pretty good but the hot pools are smaller than how they look on the pictures on the website. The hotel also boasts of outdoor hot Jacuzzi which is a fantastic place to soak yourself after a long ski day.
The room prices are outrageous (1K +) but lets face it, Its a st. Regis at the base of Aspen mountain. What were you expecting.
St.Regis is a large hotel with a much private feel to it. enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
StRegisAspen, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear Valued St. Regis Aspen Guest,

We are so pleased you were able to stay at The St. Regis Aspen Resort on your recent trip to Aspen. I am very pleased you found your overall experience with us to be inviting. I do hope that we may welcome you back to the resort again in the future. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any further concerns or questions.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed January 21, 2014

The hotel is beautiful. It has been recently renovated, and the architecture is stunning.
For me, details make the difference. Even though the place was divine, I noticed most of the staff of people working there are from South America, and don't speak very good english. They don't always understand what you want. Au contraire, the Little Nell has very well trained staff for the quality guests expect when staying in a 5 star hotel. They take care of details and making guests feel very happy.
In my stay at the St Regis, there were several things that were truly horrible, like one day we had dinner at the Italian Crescento Restaurant, and it was disgusting, I had a pasta and meatballs, which were cold in the inside and the pasta was overly cooked.
Another day, I got back from skiing like at 5pm to find my room freezing cold because the housekeeper decided to open the windows completely and they didn't even apologize, send a letter or whatever for that.
The concierge did not recommend great places, and their service was regular.
My husband and I were excites about the Spa, but since we were not satisfied with almost anything, we decided not to spend any more money in the St Regis and do everything else outside.
2 days before leaving, we spoke with the hotel manager, and gave him some feedback on our experience. He never did anything to make up for their flaws. We expected a (please try out our spa, we know you'll change your mind about us, or 2 martinis at our room, or whatever)
We were celebrating an anniversary and before our arrival, I was told I could choose a gift from them like a cheese plate, champagne, chocolates, etc...and I told them the Cheeses or champagne would be very nice. We never got our little present.
Our room was not cleaned very well, we noticed there was some trash down the bed and day by day it was still there.
One day at 7pm, the room was still undone.
However, they have an independent restaurant in the hotel named Chefs Club. That one is spectacular and desherbes Michelin Stars!
Next time for New Years we are looking forward to our stay at Little Nells. They keep your ski boots warm and clean them up, they have a private car that takes you to any mountain (even snowmass skiing), and a lot of little details that make an experience unforgettable and warming, but we will definately go visit the Chefs Club, since in our opinión its The Best in Aspen.

Room Tip: Some friends stayed at the St Regis Residences, and those were better (from their experience)
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
StRegisAspen, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear St. Regis Aspen Guest,

We appreciate you spending your Aspen vacation with us at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. We are pleased to hear that you appreciated all of the touches of our newly renovated resort during your stay. I am sorry to hear, however, that our recently opened Italian restaurant did not meet your expectations for dining at the resort. I am also dismayed to hear of your experiences with our turndown service and concierge team and would like to offer my apologies for the fact that you were not properly recognized upon arrival for your anniversary. This certainly does not meet our standards, nor your expectations, and for that I apologize.

We take your feedback very seriously and I will review each of your notes with our staff to make sure we address your concerns on both service and offerings at the Resort. Please reach out to me directly at info@stregisaspen.com if there is anything that I may do to further assist with these matters.

H.Steenge-Hart, General Manager

Reviewed January 21, 2014

i just recently spent 4 days at the St. Regis, and the service was top notch. Every aspect of the stay was smothered in great service. The location is only second to that of Little Nell, but what is a couple small blocks. Great service does have a price. Our stay worked out to be around $750.00/night. And we eat dinner off premises most nights. So if you can stomach the price, the St. Regis ensures you will have no problems with your stay. The only thing to complain about if any was that we stayed in a room that had a door to adjoin to another room( rm. 323). So we could hear a lot of noise from the other room. Hope this helps.

Room Tip: don't room 323 unless you have the room next to it as well.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank justin h

Dear Valued St. Regis Aspen Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your observations regarding your stay at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. While it sounds as though you had a pleasant stay for the most part, I would like to express regret for the difficulties you experienced with regards to noise from nearby guestrooms. I am sorry that you were not provided the relaxing stay that you deserved.

I do hope that the next time you travel to Aspen that you will consider staying with us once again. You have our commitment for a more enjoyable stay in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed January 20, 2014

A great hotel to stay at, the hotel has everything you need. The room was fantastic and had everything.During the evenings at the hotel lobby were a highlight thanks to great food and drinks and our friendly Balinese waiter Pande. Definitely recommended

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Valued St. Regis Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to post comments about your recent stay with us at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. It means so much to us to hear that our guests had an enjoyable time staying with us during their travels. I am also pleased to hear that you received uncompromising service from Pande in our Shadow Mountain Lounge.

Thank you again for your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back to Aspen in the future!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

This is my second consecutive year staying at the St. Regis Aspen during ski season. I was thrilled with it last year, but even more pleased by improvements made this year. The Ralph Lauren furnished rooms continue to be maintained well as do the public areas. The staff is on-point with just about everything. This year, they have better equipped the fitness center with a full array of machines and free weights. Either the cardio machines are new or have been updated - state-of-the-art Precor machines with intuitive user interfaces. They have also recast what used to be an Olives restaurant into an Italian-themed trattoria, where breakfast is served. While the breakfast was not Italian, we were very pleased with the quality and selection of food, along with the service. I would have gladly stayed another week!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued St. Regis Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments about your recent vacation at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. It is always wonderful to hear from retrun guests. I am pleased that you enjoyed yourself during your recent stay with us. I am so glad to hear you appreciated the touches of our recent renovation, including the newly updated fitness center, and that you received uncompromising service from so many members of our staff.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

My pre arrival experience was so awesome , reservation consultant , Libby Weiner, was so helpful and accommodating !! I know tr st Regis is great bc I used to live in aspen, but now I am even more looking forward to vacation , because of the stellar customer service I've experienced this far.

• Stayed: January 2014
StRegisAspen, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Valued St. Regis Aspen Guest,

I would like to thank you for posting such heartwarming comments regarding your prearrival experience with our Reservations team. I am overjoyed by your kind recommendation of Libby! We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to Aspen and to The St. Regis Aspen Resort.

Kind regards,