“The only way to experience Aspen”

The St. Regis Aspen Resort
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Aspen
Reviewed January 4, 2014

This is without a question the best hotel experience I've had in Aspen and perhaps ever. The accommodations are beautiful and luxurious but most importantly the service is truly world-class. The staff is wonderfully attentive and knowledgeable with keen attention to detail. I've stayed in many world renowned properties and can confidently say that this ranks among the best experiences one can ask for.

-Oliver Jaderko

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Oliver J
StRegisAspen, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Valued St. Regis Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments about your recent vacation at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. It is always wonderful to hear that our guests have enjoyed themselves during their time with us. I am so glad to hear you received uncompromising service from so many members of our staff!

Thank you again for your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back to Aspen in the future!

There are newer reviews for The St. Regis Aspen Resort

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We had the most wonderful time at this property. The service was extraordinary. Cristina from the front desk was incredibly helpful and attended to our needs. Pande in the bar gave us great service ... great Bloody Mary's and delicious bar menu. We enjoyed the champagne sabering and toast each afternoon. Our room was spacious and comfortable as was the bathroom and amenities.Thank you! We will be forever spoiled. The skiing was some of the best we've ever experienced. It was a great way to get in the holiday spirit.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bearhug54

Dear Valued St. Regis Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments about your recent vacation at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. It is always wonderful to hear that our guests have enjoyed themselves during their travels. We have recently undergone an extensive hotel renovation and it is a pleasure to hear that our efforts are well received.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

This was our second visit to the St. Regis in Aspen and once again, everything was impeccable. Not only are the rooms beautifully appointed, but it's the the staff that really makes the difference. Nothing is too much trouble and every need is anticipated.

One of our favorite hotels in the world. We can't wait to return in the Spring.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nicholas B
StRegisAspen, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear St. Regis Aspen Guest,

I am very pleased that you had the opportunity to stay with us here at The St. Regis Aspen Resort again. I sincerely enjoyed reading your lovely recommendation of our property and our bespoke service. I look forward to having you here as our guests again in the spring!

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed December 29, 2013

The St. regis is a beautiful hotel that has recently had an amazing face lift. The newly remodeled rooms and decore are so elegant and inviting. We enjoyed our recent stay there this Christmas 2013 and did not want to leave! We were treated warmly by Jessica at the front desk and the concierge team helped us very graciously with anything we needed. The bell staff and front drive were also very helpful and efficient. All in all a great stay in a beautiful hotel with a staff that makes you feel like you are at home.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
StRegisAspen, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear Valued St. Regis Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments about your recent Christmas vacation at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. It is always wonderful to hear that our guests have enjoyed themselves during their travels. It is also a pleasure to hear that our renovation efforts are well received.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I came in from Hawaii and wanted a winter wonderland experience and got it a thousand fold. To the drinks in front of the fireplace, to the multiple hot tubs out side to the touches of Christmas through the property. The service was impeccable. The food is amazing. S'mores is a must when you come. The room was amazingly comfortable. Loved the bed and the bathtub. Truly a magical place. You must go!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
StRegisAspen, General Manager at The St. Regis Aspen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear Valued St. Regis Aspen Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to post such kind comments about your recent vacation at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. It is always wonderful to hear that our guests have enjoyed themselves during their travels. We have recently undergone an extensive hotel renovation and it is a pleasure to hear that our efforts are well received.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

This was our second stay at the Aspen St. Regis. Our other stay was during spring break. In between the stays, we visited the St. Regis Deer Valley. The Deer Valley property was far and away a better property, experience, setting, spa, etc. What I find most frustrating about the Aspen location is, for what they charge, the facilities are poorly designed and arranged. The lobby/living room is small and chopped up. The dining room is banquet-like and unappetizing (compared to the J.G. Restaurant in DV). The enormous brick courtyard with the pool in an upper level, not visible to most, is weirdly cold and not useful. When you are in the Rockies, in a ski area, you want to feel the wide open sky, see the mountains. The common areas should allow for that in their design. The St. Regis Aspen is closed up and dark. There are no views to speak of.
Unless you book a suite, the regular rooms are quite small for this level of hotel as well. Lesser hotels aren't designing their rooms to be this tiny in mountain resort towns...NY city yes of course. We are platinum level (75 nights) and we received no upgrade both times. I understand it's based on availability but we weren't even given a room on a higher floor, with a better view...nothing. Why be loyal? It's becoming less clear everyday. I have yet to be able to use my suite awards. I had 8 suite awards on this reservation to no avail. All year I have been shut out with the suite awards. I suppose that is why they are extending the expiration date because it's impossible to use them. The bathrooms are nice...the typical St. Regis bathroom. It would be more luxurious though if they added radiant heated floors or at least heated towel racks. We are in Aspen after all.
As for service, it was spotty. We never received our newspapers. We requested the NY Times and the Aspen Times at check-in. One day our children's room wasn't cleaned until 7:00 pm at night. One thing I also don't get is why after the rooms get cleaned all of the stoppers are still shut in the sinks and the tub with water in the them. It's really gross. It happened everyday. The mini bar wasn't restocked until I left a note requesting it to be, which it was that day. Random room service food items would be left for days. I would finally just sit them outside. I don't know why they would think we would want to still eat 2 day old strawberries or drink day old tea with milk in it.
In the end, there were aspects of service that were exceptional (the concierge and the front drive) and then there were aspects that were totally mediocre ( the restaurant (both, including the Chef's Club), the front desk (lack of empathy), the lounge service. This experience the second time around was a confirmation that a commercial hotel like the St. Regis is not for me. I'd much prefer a more intimate experience where I'm not just another reservation to be handled.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly about your room. Ask for a room with a view of Ajax. Some of the deluxe room...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank suppergal

Dear Valued St. Regis Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Resort. It is regrettable that your time spent with us did not meet your expectations. One of the main purposes of online reviews is to highlight areas for enhancement and your feedback allows us to make proper improvements for the future.

I am sorry for your disappointment with the layout of the hotel and the service you received while staying with us. This type of service certainly does not meet our standards, and for that I apologize. I hope that we may have the chance to welcome you to the Resort once again in the future where you would have our commitment for a more enjoyable experience.

Please reach out to my office at info@stregisaspen.com if there is anything that I may do to further assist with these matters.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Our stay at the St Regis was magical. From the warm welcome at the front desk, the Surprise Santa visit, we were so lucky to be staying here to start our Christmas season. From the fabulous spacious rooms to the room service was impeccable. Oh this was a Winter Wonderland for sure and you should make it yours too!

Room Tip: ask where the room is facing. Some face the other hotel, others face the mountain.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued St. Regis Aspen Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to post comments regarding your recent Christmas vacation at The St. Regis Aspen Resort. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed yourselves during your time with us in Aspen. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our holiday décor, service and guestrooms.

Thank you for your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back to Aspen in the future!