“Finally.....”
Review of Element 47

Element 47
Ranked #25 of 165 Restaurants in Aspen
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Spring St.
Description: It's been called Aspen's "finest spot to wine, dine and unwind." The name element 47 pays tribute to silver, the precious metal that first put Aspen on the map, and to the finest silver service cuisine -for breakfast, lunch, apres and dinner, 7 days a week. Our team of culinary and wine professionals is one very good reason we have enjoyed the rare 5-Star, 5-Diamond ranking for so long. Whether you ski in for lunch, drop in at the bar for a more casual rendezvous, or join us for the most special of occasions, you'll be greeted with warmth, not formality. You'll find the ambience - ceiling-height glass cases with some of our rarest wines, art by Michelle Grabner, Cameron Martin, Angel Otero, Scott Reeder, Philip Vanderhyden, Jose Lerma - as fine as the dining.
Reviewed August 19, 2014

25 years of going to this restaurant. Well the last 8, not so much. And the last 4, hardly at all.
They used to have an amazing crew. A really good chef, who didn't try to be the next coming, great front people who new their clientele, and an excellent wait staff. And then it slowly slid down the tubes.... until there was no point going at all.
Well I think they are turning it around. While still a little foodie, everything is deeeeelicious. I think you can't go wrong with whatever floats your boat. The portions are small, but that's actually ok. Our waiter... tall bald guy, amazing. They have a strong wine list too.
Where I think they could improve:
Put a really strong personable front person in place that knows how to make patrons feel special. Weakest link on the menu, the meat. Put a real steak on there!

Aspen_GM1, General Manager at Element 47, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2014

Dear CrissCross,
I appreciate your honest feedback, and am happy to hear you believe we are improving. Our Executive Chef Bryan Moscatello is working toward a more traditional alpine menu with heartier meal options to refuel and replenish after an active day in the mountains. I will pass along your areas of improvement to our Director of F&B so we can be sure to remedy them before you join us again. Thank you for continuing to dine with us. I hope to welcome you back this winter season!

Best,
Simon Chen,

Reviewed August 13, 2014

I'm not sure why I see recent negative reviews...perhaps my taste buds are missing something. I was totally impressed with the food and service. I had the Wagyu steak, which melted in my mouth and was cooked perfectly. The mashed potatoes that accompanied my steak were out of this world amazing! The salad was delicious, as were the desserts. I would come back in a heartbeat. To some of the other reviewers complaining about price...it's Aspen, what did you expect? Expect to pay $100 per head in Aspen for dinner, especially if you're having wine/cocktails. If you're looking to save $$ try big wrap up the road.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Yes, the food was very good, but not excellent and portions quite small. It appears the experience is more about unnecessarily wasting money vs a quality dining experience. I've had far better meals for much less.

Dear Here N,
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear the portion sizes did not satisfy your appetite. We are currently revamping our menu for the 2014/2015 Winter Season to feature more hearty meal options. I invite you to come back this October for Test Kitchen Thursdays, where each week you vote for your favorite menu item to be featured on our New Winter Menu. I hope you will join us again soon to experience our new offerings.

Regards,
Simon Chen

Reviewed August 4, 2014

The worst dining experience I have had in 20 years of visiting aspen
From the start the staff were rude beginning with the hostess who act like she was doing us a favor to get us a table. The outside patio had almost half the tables empty. We waited 10 minutes to be seated
Then the waiting really began. 15 minutes to get soft drinks 20 minutes to get bread. The bread was good but certainly not worth the 20 minute wait
hamburgers came out raw though ordered medium . One was sent back and came back a second time raw. I don't think they even put it back on the grill so much for customer service or providing edible food
What concerns me the most for the parents or families reading this review is a child ordered a hamburger and was given one of the raw hamburgers. That is unacceptable and should not be tolerated in any restaurant .

This is a $26 hamburger .
When the hamburgers were sent back and were still raw the manager never came to our table. So much again for the restaurant having any interest in their customers
60+ restaurants within walking distance of this restaurant I cannot recommend it to anyone for any reason.

GM_Simon_Chen, General Manager at Element 47, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Dear Notula,
I am sincerely disappointed to hear of your unfortunate experience in our restaurant. We strive to deliver five-star, anticipatory service to all of our guests and clearly missed the mark with your visit. I sympathize with your having to wait so long for a table, as well as for soft drinks and bread – your time is valuable to us and we are looking into this issue.
With regard to your hamburgers, I apologize that they were not cooked to your liking the first time. We take our beef very seriously at The Little Nell! Our Wagyu beef is grown nearby at Emma Farms, a family-managed ranch that raises the finest quality beef with Japanese bloodlines and without hormones or antibiotics. This is why our Wagyu Beef burgers cost a bit more than the average hamburger. We do try our dishes every day to ensure they are being prepared at the proper temperature. When items are sent back to the kitchen, we insist that a Chef taste what was sent out so we can resolve the issue immediately. Nonetheless, we failed to deliver an excellent dining experience for your party and I apologize.

I sincerely hope you will join us during your next Aspen stay, and allow us to provide you with the superb dining experience that we are known for.

Best Regards,
Simon Chen

Reviewed July 30, 2014

I was really impressed by the overall service and friendly waitrons.
The setting was really beautiful with extremely well maintained gardens. The Jazz on Sunday was also a nice touch. Never had to wait for service. Good cocktail menu as well.

Been to Element 47? Share your experiences!