“Great Choice!”
Review of Element 47

Element 47
Reserve with OpenTable
Element 47 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 161 Restaurants in Aspen
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Spring St.
Description: It's been called Aspen's "finest spot to wine, dine and unwind." The name element 47 pays tribute to silver, the precious metal that first put Aspen on the map, and to the finest silver service cuisine -for breakfast, lunch, apres and dinner, 7 days a week. Our team of culinary and wine professionals is one very good reason we have enjoyed the rare 5-Star, 5-Diamond ranking for so long. Whether you ski in for lunch, drop in at the bar for a more casual rendezvous, or join us for the most special of occasions, you'll be greeted with warmth, not formality. You'll find the ambience - ceiling-height glass cases with some of our rarest wines, art by Michelle Grabner, Cameron Martin, Angel Otero, Scott Reeder, Philip Vanderhyden, Jose Lerma - as fine as the dining.
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Choice!”
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

We ate out on the patio on a very busy night but our table was ready on time and service was very attentive. We all had the gnocchi and loved it. It was perfect for a light summer meal and we had room for the delicious limoncello dessert. Bliss.

Visited June 2014

Boulder, Colorado
“Excellent meal with our pets!”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Starting with the basics...the food was excellent. The portions might be considered small by some, but we thought it was just right so you could enjoy multiple courses without being overly full. My husband thought his steak was one of the best he's had and I thoroughly enjoyed my fish. Everything was cooked perfectly. The wait staff was very personable and we enjoyed meeting each one of them. We ate out by the pool which was covered and had heaters so we were not cold even though the night was chilly.

Now, for the fun and unique part of the meal. We brought our two small dogs who where as pampered as we were. The waiters brought them fresh water bowls with homemade dog biscuits when we sat down. They had their own menu to choose from. They loved it! Usually they pay attention to us when we are eating, but they were completely focused on the wait staff once they realized they had the food. It was a fun thing to do for a true dog lover.

FYI- if you don't like dogs, no worries, they are not allowed in the restaurant, so you won't have issues eating inside. Dogs are served by the pool or in the "living room" of the lobby at The Little Nell.

• Visited June 2014
GM_Simon_Chen, General Manager at Element 47, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear AdventurousFamily6,
I am happy to hear you had a wonderful experience with us. We pride ourselves on delivering five-star service to all of our guests, humans and canines alike! Hope you will visit us again soon from Boulder so you and your family (dogs included) can try some of our other offerings! Be sure to look for our Colorado Local rates at The Little Nell this fall.

Best,
Simon Chen
General Manger
Carbondale, Colorado
“Good people watching, maybe a little condescending”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

A couple of friends of mine came up to Aspen for a girls' trip (I live nearby) and we ate here based on its high approval rating on Urbanspoon. The food was good and the prices were as high as you'd expect for Aspen. We sat at a great table facing the entire restaurant and really got a kick out of the people-watching (lots of fur and plastic surgery at the table next to us). However, as three young women, we felt a little condescended to; it was an intangible feeling that I couldn't really pinpoint until the waiter gave us each a ballpoint pen after the meal (is this our Happy Meal prize or something?). I'm not sure we really did anything to merit that, as we're all accustomed to eating at high-caliber restaurants, dressed nicely, and wouldn't have eaten there if we couldn't afford it. However, it's Aspen and that behavior is somewhat to be expected--although at the really great places it hasn't been an issue. Overall, I'd say if you're willing to pay for a great meal, there are better places in Aspen.

• Visited November 2013
Dear Jenna MJ,
Thank you for thinking of us during your girls’ trip! We always love to welcome Roaring Fork Valley locals to dine with us. I am upset to hear about your experience. Our aim is to deliver personalized service to each of our guests, and I apologize you did not receive that. I hope you will join us again and we can show you true element 47 service. In fact, we will have menu tastings every week this fall where the most popular items will be featured on our new winter menu, and we would love your input. Please reach out to me personally when scheduling your next reservation.

Best,
Simon Chen
boca raton, florida
“Missing some "Elements"!”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Overall very nice...Located in the Little Nell Hotel...very beautiful.
The restaurant was very quiet and very empty...So when I tried to change the time of my reservation..they could not seem to accomodate me..The appetizers were good,,I had poached Lobster, my husband had the Foie Gras ..My main course was extremely bland..fettuccini in a lemon sauce...They were very kind to switch it our for me..and my Halibut was superb!!
The sommelier recommended a wonderful wine...
I would definitely go back again!! but I can't say it was my best mea1.

Visited June 2014
Breckenridge CO
“Not worth it”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I can think of only two reasons to eat at Element 47: (1) if you are a food professional and thus have a business reason to check them out or (2) if you have a great deal more money than brains. The food was very good but at these prices it really needs to be spectacular, which it wasn't. The wine list basically started at three digits and 'bargains' could be found only in the four digits and above category. The service was excellent but really ... you can get a great meal with excellent service at far more reasonable prices. I would not recommend the restaurant.

• Visited May 2014