“Worth a little splurge”
Review of Element 47

Element 47
Reserve with OpenTable
Element 47 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 160 Restaurants in Aspen
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Spring St.
Description: It's been called Aspen's "finest spot to wine, dine and unwind." The name element 47 pays tribute to silver, the precious metal that first put Aspen on the map, and to the finest silver service cuisine -for breakfast, lunch, apres and dinner, 7 days a week. Our team of culinary and wine professionals is one very good reason we have enjoyed the rare 5-Star, 5-Diamond ranking for so long. Whether you ski in for lunch, drop in at the bar for a more casual rendezvous, or join us for the most special of occasions, you'll be greeted with warmth, not formality. You'll find the ambience - ceiling-height glass cases with some of our rarest wines, art by Michelle Grabner, Cameron Martin, Angel Otero, Scott Reeder, Philip Vanderhyden, Jose Lerma - as fine as the dining.
Denver, Colorado
“Worth a little splurge”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This was my favorite restaurant during my family's visit to Aspen. The restaurant is located in The Little Nell hotel in downtown Aspen. We dined outside. A highlight was seeing the sommelier Carlton show off all the different kinds of wine decanters (lots of different shapes)!

I love red meat, but I decided to try the halibut. It was cooked perfectly, and didn't taste fishy. The sauces were a perfect complement to the wine (Livio Felluga, Terre Alte--Pino Bianco, Fruiuano, and Sauvignon). My wife loved the crab appetizer followed by the halibut. My daughter enjoyed the veal. We lingered after the meal, and had after dinner drinks by the outdoor (gas) firepit.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank jandc8491

“Fantastic breakfast buffet”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Worth the $25. I enjoyed a very leisurely breakfast of grav lax & bagels, Lemon pancakes, bacon & eggs. Got my money's worth of fruit, fresh squeezed oj & a smoothie. Even a Sunday NY Times! Ill have to go on an extra long bike ride today. Worth the $, worth the calories.

• Visited July 2013
Aspen, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best patio in Aspen”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is a flower-filled retreat where you can relax and actually "dine"...not watching cars, straddling a sidewalk, or hemmed-in by too many tables. Heaven. The food equals the setting...as much as possible, it is locally sourced...six providors for free-range eggs, many local goat cheeses, grass-fed beef and more....all adding up to incredible taste treats. Love it enough to take my husband here next week for his birthday lunch.

• Visited July 2013
Costa Rica
“Poor Price Quality Service”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The remodel of the restaurant is deceiving. The ambience is quite nice and since there were so few people there, it was quiet for our group of 8.

Two of eight cited that the entrée served was quite good. Three expressed that food was cold. We were told that since all entrees are presented after preparation with tweezers, we were not impressed.

A lot of work goes into presentation but the chicken with the mystery side was both cold and not too presentable.

The veal with octopus (it was at the other end of the table so I am not sure of the actual pairing) sounded better on the menu than in the reality. As it was also cold, it is hard to be too optimistic about this.

Sending food back for a rechaufee at a place like this didn't seem right and at the time, I think we just wanted to get on with it.

Service was poor at best, the wait staff had to be asked several times for the whereabouts of the next course. We also had to ask that the entrée plates be removed after all has eaten. They were pleasant however so maybe the problem is kitchen management?

Dessert was suspect with questions about the sponge cake and cheesecake both being "less than" expected.

The highlight was the wagyu sliders which were special ordered and not always available it seems.

To add to the mix, the 20% automatic gratuity seemed out of place.

I have been there for breakfast and lunch before. Maybe that is the way to go but caveat emptor on dinner.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Steve L
Tx
“Special Spot in Aspen”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I had not been to the previous restaurant at the Little Nell so I am not able to compare them. Despite that I think it would be hard to top the experience I had at Element 47. The staff was over the top and very very helpful. We had a small group in the back of the restaurant and the chef came out at one point to ask how we were enjoying our meal. He explained their big push to get the freshest local ingredients in their dishes and sometimes don;t know the menu until they shop local markets. This place should definitely be on your list in Aspen.

Visited June 2013

Been to Element 47? Share your experiences!