“Wish it was more”

Ranked #62 of 160 Restaurants in Aspen
Chicago, Illinois
“Wish it was more”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Have been here several times over the years and although I like the concept, private club restaurant turn night time lounge, I don't really love this place. The food is pretty good, decor is nice, but in Aspen I would expect more of this concept. If this was somewhere else I might give it another star.

• Visited December 2012

Oceanport, New Jersey
“Service, service, service”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We were told about this place by a friend that went to the club. When we made our reservation we were told that it was a private club and if we wanted to go we would have to pay 125.00 per person for a pre fixed meal. So I went for it just to see what the big deal was. Anyway the service , food and decor was a ten however the club was very disappointing. the Dj played old music for such a hip club. And the price for not being a member??? would not go back unless they changed there policy. We have been to some of the best clubs in NYC and for the money we paid at least the music was current. Maybe it was just an off night. However when you pay top dollar you should get all of your monies worth.

• Visited March 2013
Chantilly, Virginia
“It was exactly what I expected”
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

The decor is dark but elegant. The place is clean. I paid little attention to the other patrons, though it was a more mature crowd. We went early and missed the dance music. The bar served good drinks. The staff was pleasant.

The food was excellent. Try the raw oysters. The scallops were cooked to perfection and were some of the best I have tried. My lamb was well prepared.

The wine selection is extensive and well priced. I was perplexed by the lack of premium pricing for the vintages. The wine captain was patient and he knows his craft. I trusted him with a complex decision regarding a great wine that had a failed cork...and he was right and we enjoyed the bottle after we gave it enough time to breathe.

Food was 'aspen-priced', though with a great bottle of wine at such a reasonable price, I thought it was well worth it.

Visited April 2013
turks and caicos
“Most inhospitable establishment possible.”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

After paying the 25.00 entry fee I was ordered to take of my coat at coat check. Given it was 10 below zero outside I asked if I could keep my coat. I was gruffly told to take off my coat or leave. Why in the world would anyone go to this place? It's hostile awful expensive and boring.

1 Thank micheletiffany
Ko Samui, Thailand
“An Aspen "must do"...”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Ahhh... Aspen in all it's over-indulgent glory. All of the reviews here are essentially true, and give you few different reasons to check out the delicious spectacle that is affectionately known as "The 'Bou" to locals. I unabashedly enjoy the real fur, and fake boobs that lounge in the mountain lodge-y grotto that doesn't really get going until after 10pm. However, I would be remiss if I didn't' mention my favorite things about The Caribou Club. First, the food. In over 2 dozen meals I've never been disappointed. I've experienced some minor hits, and a few meals that knocked my socks off... real 5-star stuff, well worth the price.
BUT... my favorite part is the fact that after 10, the dance floor gets going, and by 11:30 it's jammed full of the beautiful people dancing like nobody is watching. And THAT is a rare and magnificent thing.
So, while it may not be YOUR scene, it is definitely THE scene in Aspen.

• Visited December 2011