“Funky”

Zocalito Latin Bistro
Ranked #48 of 161 Restaurants in Aspen
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Westminster, Colorado
“Funky”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We enjoy eclectic food. My husband ordered the short ribs with a mole sauce, which was very good. I ordered the grilled calamari stuffed with chorizo, rice, and veges. My dish was outstanding - all eight bites. Yes, it was small. The atmosphere was colorful, but kind of funky and didn't really match the 'bistro' label. The beer selection was limited (no draft beer) and pricey ($7 for a bottle). The servers seemed distracted and somewhat disinterested.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Anita O

• Korean first
Boulder, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“nice place!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Funky atmosphere. Don't let the downstairs location bother you, it's cozy and friendly down there. The service is attentive and your food will arrive on time. Good menu offering things you aren't going to see in a Tex-Mex place. I had the grilled prawns with chili sauce, my wife had the mole pork. This would be 5 stars but she thought her mole was a little too spicy, my chili sauce was just right. Nice drink selection, specializing in margaritas and rum drinks. Won't break the bank eating here.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Ed_wants_to_travel
Santa Ana, California
“Great time!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Besides the great service....we had 17 people including six kids and they went above and beyond....the food is delicious and a nice change for Aspen. Don't forget to order a pitcher of their signature sangria to share!

Visited August 2013
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Hidden treasure”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I were in Aspen last night. We asked the bellman, Chris, at our hotel for a recommendation for dinner. He suggested we go to Zocalito's Bisto. Chef Michael Beary truly brings authentic ingredients of Mexico to Aspen. His menu includes a definition of all peppers and spices. We had a shrimp and corn with melted cheeses tapas to die for.there specials are great.ambiance wonderful.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank bdiuro
Underhill, Vermont
“great food and fun”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Really interesting and great tasting food. The best marguerita I have ever had, Definitely worth going.

• Visited June 2013