“Good place to bike to for lunch”
Review of Woody Creek Tavern

Woody Creek Tavern
Ranked #71 of 161 Restaurants in Aspen
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Everytime we go to Aspen we rent bikes in town and ride to Woody Creek for lunch. You will most likely have to wait for a table, the service is hit or miss and the food is average. What makes it worth it is the margaritas, the outdoor table and the taxis that take you and your bikes back to town.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

For 15 or more years I have made it a point to visit WCT - funky, quirky, fun. It all reversed this July when I was stunned by the intentional rudeness inflected by my waitress. This made no sense, until last weekend. I recounted my experience to a local, who explained that WCT was no longer the friendly, caring place we all loved to visit. The locals have all but abandoned the site, which survives now on tourists, who don't know any better. The karma is gone and so am I.

4  Thank alwaysready2
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I quit trying to converse after about 3 minutes. The $60 lunch was mediocre at best. That did include wine, but was still overpriced. The format which did include lots of families on bikes was the only part that was entertaining. I would not return, even on a bike.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Loved the place, inside and out. The vibe will remind upstate New Yorkers of the original Dinosaur BBQ in Syracuse, with a western twist. The Tex/Mex food was tasty enough, especially the chicken enchillada. Very good guacamole, so-so salsa. Nice selection of local beers and a good magarita. Service was not the best. Arrived on a not so busy Monday night. Had a tough time getting someone's attention for a table and then had rushed service. Not closing time and they didn't need the table, so not sure what the hurry was. Worth a trip, just don't expect a lot of love.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

The service at this place was not good at all, I was very disappointed because I had heard so much about it. The waitress was rude and demanded a tip (I refuse to tip bad service) the food was simply ok and not the best. In aspen you have many choices of fine food and this is not it.

Been to Woody Creek Tavern? Share your experiences!