“locals bar”

Zanes Tavern
Ranked #40 of 164 Restaurants in Aspen
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Cheaps drinks, cheap good food and a local bar to make you feel like a local. Lots of TV to watch sports and the kitchen is right in the middle of the barr. Pretty cool place! We went every night!

2  Thank generatorx

Reviewed November 11, 2012

After research we decided to check out Zanes for football. Just about everyone was a shade over 21 and it felt a little like a frat house. I don't believe anyone was watching any of the college games. The bartender was very attentive and polite offering great service.
The menu is basic (wings, tacos, sandwiches, etc). We tried the fish and chicken tacos and they were great.
I gave this an average because it was "very" good but good - so if we had a good option, that would be the proper choice. The ambiance is blah, I'm sure it would be better during the summer months when the patio area is open or during ski season because it's so close to the mountain.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Visiting my sister who is an Aspen local - she said we had to try the wings if its the only thing we do. So we went. Its a great atomsphere - laid back. Nothing is a problem - bar staff are super friendly. Wings - there are so many varieties - I wish I had them all - twice!! I'll be back, just need to afford another ticket from Australia. See you soon.............

1  Thank Scootaroo1
Reviewed July 24, 2012

this one is a bit nicer than the one in snowmass. snowmass has carpet and it is just a bit dingier. the higher ceilings and wood flooring at much more appeal. but still the same great vibes in both bars!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

I love Zane's - it has become a local hangout among my friends here in Aspen. The wings are awesome, and you can get a good beer as well. They have a normal happy hour from 4-6pm with 40 cent wings which is great!

2  Thank ChristinaD3