“Peaceful.....”

The John Denver Sanctuary
Ranked #4 of 108 things to do in Aspen
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Just to walk around this newly expanded sanctuary is sheer bliss.. Especially if you have JD playing on an iPod.... :)

Reviewed October 20, 2013

quiet walking trail along the river. good place for cycling too. there were some pretty houses and vacation cabins along the trail.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

So great to see this wonderful tribute to John Denver. Really was impressed by the etched stones with the lyrics to his songs. A must to see when visiting Aspen

1  Thank sarahj6
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We were here in March. Everything we read and heard made it sound like a year-round destination. Anyone who lives in, or has spent any time in Colorado should know there can be some unfriendly weather in the spring. The Sanctuary was snow-covered, wet, muddy and not clearly marked! Why the city of Aspen doesn't have more directional signage for this attraction is beyond any logic or reason!!!

October is a much better time to visit. The leaves are turning. The weather is great. It breathes "John Denver"!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

The John Denver Sanctuary was one of my VERY favorite places on my recent Colorado vacation. It was definitely on my list of things to do because I am a huge John Denver fan. Just as his music inspires my soul, so too did this beautiful park. I brought my camera, a picnic lunch, and my journal. Needless to say, I spent a few hours taking some gorgeous pictures of the gardens, flowers, stones with lyrics, fountains...it is nature at its best just like John Denver wrote and sang about in so many of his songs! It was wonderfully relaxing to sit on one of the benches scattered throughout the park and reflect on his music and how it speaks to me in so many amazing ways. I could almost hear him singing when I stood in front of each stone with engraved song lyrics...especially my favorite, Rocky Mountain High. Couldn't help but cry. Thank you, John Denver, for such a magnificent impact on my life! Thank you, Aspen, for such a beautiful park that splendidly honors such a beautiful man!

1  Thank luvcolorado24