“Ajax always makes my day...”

Aspen Mountain / Ajax
Ranked #5 of 105 things to do in Aspen
More attraction details
Owner description: Known as "the athlete's mountain," expert skiers flock to its challenging slopes.
Reviewed May 4, 2013

My favorite mountain to ski...Love the Sundeck, the gondola, the Ajax Tavern at the base...Mountain Ambassadors are just that - diplomatic presences who will guide you in all the right directions...

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I always eat several meals here during my trips, the food is good, the service is also good and the people watching is my favorite. I have seen Rob Lowe here, with his family, Kevin Costner, I met John Denver years ago. Great place

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I ski on Aspen Mountain almost every day. I love it for a variety of reasons. First It's uncrowded by design. 2nd its Steep. 3rd. I know where all the POW stashes are.

As the #1 Ski Bum / Blogger in Aspen... you can trust me.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Though I don't ski Ajax very often, I was enticed to ski with friends on a backcountry adventure with the Aspen Powder Tours. I couldn't have been more delighted and impressed. Murray, Piglet, Doc and the whole crew were so delightful and pleasant. The terrain was UNBELIEVABLE!!! We had 18-22 inches of fresh, untracked powder everywhere we went. We skied trees, bumps (if you can call a luscious mount of powder a bump) and steeps. The trip lasted from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and capped off with a delicious lunch served mountain top in a warm, comfortable cabin. All in all, I would say this trip was the best adventure I've had on Aspen Mtn in 13 years. I WILL BE BACK!!! :-)

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Skied here - the ambassadors were great, the powder was wonderful, the slopes were quiet, friendly lift staff. Totally great - it was very sunny there every day so make sure you wear sunscreen!

1  Thank gapyahher192