“nice”
Review of Wild Fig

Wild Fig
Reserve with OpenTable
Wild Fig is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 160 Restaurants in Aspen
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Two blocks down in front of the Hotel Jerome
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Went with a group of folks and the food was dreamy. really good food and great service. The restaurant was super busy but we didn't have to wait and the service was great.

There are newer reviews for Wild Fig

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Good food, and the fish in the bag is a good recommendation. Food in general is good, nothing exceptional, but very good. What really bothered me was how close the tables were and their rush to turn tables. I couldn't literally move my chair without bumping someone on my side or behind me. And I am not even mentioning that my shoulders were almost touching people sitting at other tables on both sides. And it was easier to talk to someone next to me than to my partner. In my opinion, this is not cozy, it is somewhat annoying. And they rush too much, something quite common in Aspen. They take out the starters and bring the entrees in 30 sec. I felt like they wanted to get us out there so they could seat the next customer.

Not sure if we will come back.

1  Thank Rodgoncalves
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

We did not have a reservation so we sat at the bar and are so glad that we did. Our waiter/bartender Marcelle was great. He answered all of our questions regarding food and wine. I had the peppercorn filet. Being from the Midwest, I'm very picky about my beef. This steak was exceptionally prepared and the flavor was top notch. The wild fig salad was very good also. My boyfriend had the short ribs and thought it was quite good. Of course it's pricey, but what in Aspen isn't?

1  Thank Kristi E
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Nice place to have dinner. We were 6 and served by a very friendly native paris waiter (they do exist :-)).
My steak tartare was too salty but the fettucini was really nice although size could be a bit larger.
What i generally don't like about american restaurants is the speed of serving. We had hardly finished our starter, or the main course was already served. I do realize this is typical american type of serving but for europeans it's not very enjoyable. The same with getting the bill which you receive almost immediately after your last course. But again: normal to americans but very rude to europeans.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Wild Fig is a great couples spot and I have enjoyed eating there many times. The food is Mediterranean and high quality while the service is attentive and professional. Although their menu has many seafood options, which I enjoy, the cavatelli pasta is no question the best thing on the menu.

Given Wild Fig’s small size, probably not the best place to go as a large group unless you make a reservation well in advance. Also, while not inexpensive, eating out here is a great value, especially in Aspen.