“Go To Spot!”
Review of Wild Fig

Wild Fig
Reserve with OpenTable
Wild Fig is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 168 Restaurants in Aspen
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Two blocks down in front of the Hotel Jerome
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Wild Fig is a great couples spot and I have enjoyed eating there many times. The food is Mediterranean and high quality while the service is attentive and professional. Although their menu has many seafood options, which I enjoy, the cavatelli pasta is no question the best thing on the menu.

Given Wild Fig’s small size, probably not the best place to go as a large group unless you make a reservation well in advance. Also, while not inexpensive, eating out here is a great value, especially in Aspen.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

After a 7 night stay in Aspen around Christmas and trying most of the "top" restaurants, I found The Wild Fig to have been by far the best choice. Their properly prepared food went beyond what I expected. My husband had the "whole fish" - a Colorado stripped bass. This was flavorful, moist and one of the best fish presentations we have ever had (coming from Florida, we have had lots of fish). Everyone around us drooling (we ate at the bar & our waitress Monica was amazing). I had the spare ribs with homemade wide noodles. So good I just shake my head in amazement. My husband had a specialty fig drink with gin & tonic and he loved it. We shared a great bottle of wine. Don't miss the truffle fries. I am still shaking my head and wish we could fly back tomorrow just to go back! You have to go there. If you cannot get a reservation, go to the bar around 6ish and eat there. Friendly and welcoming!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Overall fantastic experience. The portions were much larger than we expected but everything was delicious. Wines were reasonably priced and the service was excellent. While not inexpensive, we thought the meal represented good value, especially in Aspen.

We had cocktails at Justice Snow before dinner and this turned out to be a great combination. Justice Snow is directly across the street.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Beautiful, small place in the heart of Aspen. The food is simply amazing and the service is excellent, friendly and prompt, but not overwhelming.A changing menu based on the best available items for the current season. I had a great baked/grilled whole fish with African herbs and spices, my wife's steak was perfect. Great wines selection. The decor feels like a rustic old french bistro with lots of wood, stone, deep, rich colors and fabrics. A tad loud, but you can still have a conversation. Creme Brulle... perfect.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

The dishes offered pleased the palate and the eye. Interesting combinations of ingredients produced winning results. Lovely setting.

Been to Wild Fig? Share your experiences!