“Plan a dinner party , ala Jour de Fete”
Review of Jour de Fete

Jour de Fete
Ranked #51 of 160 Restaurants in Aspen
Reviewed November 23, 2012

This wonderful place ,owned and opperated by a authentec French Chef is the best place in Aspen to find wonderfully cooked, food for take out. They do have a seating area for breakfast & lunch , But we love this place for take out. One can always find French Bistro style lamb, chicken, veal and chicken special dishes ready to go. Also a great selection of vegitarian salads. When we spend time in Aspen, and are not in the mood to cook , we head to Jour de Fete to make our selections.

1  Thank Thomas H
There are newer reviews for Jour de Fete

Reviewed October 28, 2012

For me no other place in town makes Quiche to the consistency of Jour de fete. Its worth a visit. Its self service, with a cozy, homely style seating area. Many times, ill get the Chorizo burrito to go, its filling and good and priced reasonably. Other menu prices are on the higher end for a virtual self service establishment, but the food is decent enough where i dont mind paying for quality. Not to mention, a very viable option for a sit down breakfast spot in town.

1  Thank JLaspen
Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

I visited this cafe on my way out of Aspen on the Sunday of Labor Day. The line was out the door but moved quickly. As I moved through the line I discoverer why;
all the food was premade and was being heated as it was ordered via a microwave.

Two people ahead of me ordered bagels they were out and so they skipped. The guy directly in front of me not hearing they were out of bagels ordered one. The gal at the counter rolled her eyes then proceeded to yell at the line they were out and people needed to pick something else. I felt bad for the guy.

I ordered two iced mochas and two slices of banana bread. The iced cups were pre-measured out with ice sitting on the counter with lids on them. She grabbed them and then proceeded to make my coffee with dirty shot glasses and mixing cups. When I was presented with my drinks the cups were only 3/4ths of the way full.

The coffee tasted horrible and was immediately tossed. The banana bread was way under cooked and therefore went uneaten.

The prices were the cheapest I'd seen in Aspen but the quality and service was terrible. I still cannot figure out how there was a line out the door.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

This local restaurant has fantastic food for a fantastic price! The service is off the charts and the atmosphere leaves you wanting more! Definitely try it out and even go practice your French ;)

1  Thank Aspenite4life
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Went there twice during this last week. Excellent both times.

1  Thank Awb7bar

Been to Jour de Fete? Share your experiences!