“Good deal when you just have to get away for some time to think” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Savannah Suites Arvada

Savannah Suites Arvada
Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Savannah Suites Arvada
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Arvada
Golden, Colorado
“Good deal when you just have to get away for some time to think”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

Not a bad place, the price is good, I stayed 6 nights. It is cheaper to call them than to book online. If I would have known that I would have called. I am planning on emailing the manager to see if I can get a $50 refund. The internet was out of service for 2 days while I was there, I think it was out 5 total. After it was fixed I still could not get on. The room was clean, the mattress very comfortable, the bedding was not so good, thin sheets, and old stiff pilly blanket and flat as pancake pillows. The walls are pretty thin, but while I was there the quests were quiet for the most part, the heating/cooling system was great, it worked very well. Nice little kitchen. No blow dryer but an iron and ironing board. Dinosaur TV and not many channels. The location is close to a grocery store, WalMart and a few restaurants within walking distance. It isn't in a bad part of town but not the best. Close to I-70 and public transportation (RTD) The staff were very friendly. The only things supplied are a small bottle of shampoo, 2 bars of soap and a little packet of dishwashing liquid, thin bath towels and a dish rag and dish towel. The fridge is full size, apt. size. No ice machine but a pop machine.

Room Tip: I would stay on the first floor, there is an elevator though.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Josie06
bjohnsonSS, Guest Relations Manager at Savannah Suites Arvada, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Thank you for your honest and thorough review of Savannah Suites Arvada. Guest reviews provide our hotels with the opportunity to improve our services for future guests. We apologize for the inconvenience of not having internet service throughout your entire stay, and have taken steps to assure that our service will not be interrupted in the future. Again, we thank you for your review and we welcome you back the next time you are in Arvada, Colorado.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

There is nothing to talk about, Unless you want everyone to here you, The walls do nothing to control noise let alone low voices. The staff seams to be nice but amenities there is few. I would not recommend this hotel for anything but the bare essentials and only in a pinch. There is a ample amount of restaurants and shopping essentials near by.

Room Tip: This is not a high quality hotel. rooms on the west side are quiter.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank schuflies
bjohnsonSS, Guest Relations Manager at Savannah Suites Arvada, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Thank you for your review of our Savannah Suites Arvada. Guest reviews provide our hotels with the opportunity to improve our services for future guests. We apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory and we welcome you back the next time you are in Arvada, Colorado to experience first-hand how your review has affected our service.

Travelers are raving about these Arvada hotels

Sheridan, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2012

I will never stay here again. Neihbors were noisy and argued all the time. Manager was very rude and arrogant and did nothing about the noise. Told me thats the way it is when you stay at an extended stay Hotel and that if I did not like the noise maybe I should move to another motel. I did and it was very quiet. (In Town Suites)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank james r
afarmerss, Public Relations Manager at Savannah Suites Arvada, responded to this review, February 9, 2012
Thank you for your review of our Savannah Suites Arvada. Guest reviews provide our hotels with the opportunity to improve our services for future guests. Noise complaints are a fact in any hotel, not just extended stay. Our managers should address any and all noise complaints with verbal warning to the offender and possible removal for repeat offenders. We apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory and we welcome you back the next time you are in Arvada, Colorado to experience first-hand how your review has affected our service.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2012

Personally, I think this is a nice place. Not too bad at all. It's affordable and the customer service is great. Throughout my stay, I do like it. The staff are nice, just ask if you need something and they'll get it for you. Which I think is a very polite way to treat the customers. I would recommend this place to travelers alike. Overall, it's a nice and affordable place to stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
afarmerss, Public Relations Manager at Savannah Suites Arvada, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
Thank you for your review of our Savannah Suites Arvada. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are traveling in the Denver area.
Wichita, KS, USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

Don't stay here! If there was a rating worse than terrible, I would have chosen that. We were looking for a simple, safe, clean place to sleep on a cross-country drive. My daughter is sensitive to chemicals so called ahead to find out what sort of cleaners they use, if they have air "fresheners" on the wall putting out scent. They said no spritzers, and they use all GREEN cleaning agents so no smells at all. Most hotels are honest about this sort of thing as they WANT you to have a great experience, but not these guys. Arrived about 10 pm exhausted after driving 500 miles solo with my child. First thing I notice in the lobby, the air freshener spritzer, which they insisted on the phone they didn't use. The room reeked like cleaning chemicals. It was the WORST chemical cleaner smell in ANY hotel I've ever stayed in for my entire life and I've been a lot of them. It was clear they had used strong cleaners (certainly not green and not unscented) to try to cover up something, probably smoking. I asked for a different room at the front desk, but he said they would ALL smell like that. He offered to loan me what looked like a very well used ozone machine (they must have this problem often). I guess he didn't know it takes a few hours to clear out the smells and then you have to air out the room or it can be hard on your health. I was too wiped to search for another hotel so we tried to tough that out, making sure not to leave our suitcases open so all our clothes wouldn't absorb the terrible smell.
Next, we inspected the bed carefully for bed bugs, didn't see any, but when we woke up, bites all over the place. As we left this hell hole without taking showers or using our kitchen room so we could get away as soon as possible, I informed the manager about the bugs. She could care less, didn't apologize and said she would call an exterminator. This did us a lot of good! She said it was the fault of the "previous guests not reporting it".
Besides all this, there was a group of single men heavily drinking in the front parking lot when we arrived (Saturday night) and by the back door where we had to carry our stuff in, there were some people drinking and smoking pot in the stairwell leading to the door. Not what you'd want for your young daughter to see. When you see Savannah Suites, keep driving!!! You will be glad you did!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank charlotte S
afarmerss, Public Relations Manager at Savannah Suites Arvada, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
Thank you for posting a review of your stay at our Savannah Suite Arvada. Reviews provide our hotel staff with an opportunity to improve our hotel and our quality of service. Corporate policy is that all of our hotels are to use cleaning agents that are specified by our corporate office. These cleaning products are all bio-degradable and listed as “Green”. Inspections of the hotel are conducted by hotel management daily and corporate management monthly. This month’s inspection investigated thoroughly the cleaning products used based on this review. Because Bed Bugs are now a National problem, our bed bug policies are even more stringent including regular training classes for our housekeeping staff for early detection and caution procedures. We are proud to say that Savannah Suites Arvada has not had one case of bed bugs. Drinking in public and drug use are illegal, both in the city of Arvada and the policies of Savannah Suites. Alerting the staff or even the police would have immediately resolved this issue, as well as preventing these activities in the future. When you do travel to Arvada, Colorado again I encourage you to give our hotel another try to see first-hand how your review has improved our service.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2011

After checking into a nasty hotel, I got on the phone to find another place for my family and the other softball families that I was with to stay. I spoke with Juanita who said there were rooms available. I asked if they were clean rooms. She said the property was a few years old and she thought the place was clean, but I should come look for myself. She said that I could take pictures and send them to the other families looking for a hotel.
I drove to Savannah Suites. It is an extended stay "hotel". Juanita took us to view a room. It was clean. It was roomy. It was fairly close to the fields where we were playing. I called the other families and they came to see for themselves. We ended up getting 6 rooms.
Extended stay hotels don't have all the amenities of regular hotels. We have stayed at them before. This one was different in that it had some plates and flatware, shampoo, soap, and a coffee maker! The cleaning services are every few days and not like hotels. It is minimal, but you can always ask for more things such as towels, TP, soap. The fridge was clean and had a freezer.
The walls are a little "thin", but the front desk did a nice job keeping the noise level down. As for safety, we felt safe here. Doors locked. Lighted parking lot.
The laundry room had new Maytag hi efficiency washer and driers. They take quarters that the front desk always was able to make change for.
All the staff was pleasant and helpful (Thanks Juanita!). We had a toilet that was running. I asked to have them fix it and it was done within a few hours.
Extended stay places are different. Ask the front desk what they provide and then bring the rest. Very affordable for long stays and even short stays.
Enjoyed our stay and we will be back!
Grocery store across the street, lots of places to eat close by, and a short drive to Boulder or Denver.
I did have to go buy an ethernet wire for the internet. But Walmart was a few minutes away.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MARGARETRC
afarmerss, Public Relations Manager at Savannah Suites Arvada, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Thank you for posting a review of your stay at our Savannah Suite Arvada. Reviews provide our hotel staff with an opportunity to improve our hotel and our quality of service. The details in your review are remarkable, honestly providing future travelers with exactly what to expect at our hotel. We are aware of the Ethernet situation, our hotel provides complimentary wired internet via the use of an Ethernet cord. Providing a cord in each room proved to be unachievable as they are easily packed automatically, albeit unintentionally, when the laptop is put away. We are currently under the policy of providing Ethernet cords from the front desk upon request and charging a refundable $10 deposit, in hopes that the cords will return to the front desk. We hope to see reviews in the future on how this policy is working out for our guest.
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2011

The full kitchen was very convenient, it was great not to have to eat out or order out all the time and saved money in the process. Loved not having to pay for internet use. The twenty four hour laundry was a huge plus. The rooms were comfortable and the prices were affordable.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bomber39
Thank you for your review of our Savannah Suites Arvada. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and welcome you back next time you are in Arvada, Colorado.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arvada
Comfort Inn
Quality Inn Denver Westminster
#15 of 19 in Westminster
DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster
Drury Inn & Suites Denver Westminster

Been to Savannah Suites Arvada? Share your experiences!