Savannah Suites Arvada
Savannah Suites Arvada
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Arvada
Reviewed May 12, 2011

I had no problems with my experience at this hotel. I came in on business and had a three night stay, and the ammenities were perfectly adequate for my needs. It was quiet and I slept well throughout the night. I would absolutely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank KatieKitt1102
afarmerss, Public Relations Manager at Savannah Suites Arvada, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2011

Thank you for your review of our Savannah Suites Arvada. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and welcome you back next time you are in Arvada, Colorado.

Reviewed May 4, 2011

I went here on Spring Break with some friends from college, and this was the worst vacation I have ever taken! The first night that we arrived, the sheets on the beds were dirty, and I noticed something lumpy under my mattress. When my friend and I moved the mattress on the bed, we noticed a small bottle of a white powdery substance between the mattress and spring and a lollipop stick. We called hotel management, and it took them forever to come to the room to investigate. When they finally did come, they tried to make light of the situation. Finally, after a lot of complaints, they agreed to have the substance tested by the police, and were supposed to let us know what they found out, but they never did.

We also had a bit of a problem with bees. There were wasps in the room, and my friend got stung by one while laying in bed. The hotel manager claimed to not know how the bees could have been getting in, and did nothing about it.

This was the most horrible hotel I have ever stayed in my entire life. I would not go back, and I would not suggest that anyone else stay there. It was a waste of time and money, and just brings up bad memories.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank dawlfayceee
afarmerss, Public Relations Manager at Savannah Suites Arvada, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2011

Thank you for your review of our Savannah Suites Arvada. Guest reviews of our hotel provide us with the opportunity to improve our services for future guests. I sincerely apologize for your experience at our hotel and hope that future travelers realize that this is not an everyday occurrence. Guest complaints are taken very seriously and are investigated immediately and thoroughly in order to provide corrective actions as soon as possible. Available rooms are cleaned when a guest checks out and inspected daily for cleanliness before a new guest checks in. Savannah Suites Arvada welcomes you back to our hotel the next time you are visiting Arvada, CO.

Reviewed March 21, 2011

This hotel seemed to have some "OK" reviews so we thought we would try it. HUGE MISTAKE!!! Our room had an awful smell and the 3 1/2 days we spent there they never cleaned our room even though on their cleaning log it supposedly showed they had. We had to go out and buy air fresheners. Also, for the internet they told me to go across the street and purchase a cable so I could use it. DO NOT STAY HERE!!! Unless last resort!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank mare69_11
afarmerss, Public Relations Manager at Savannah Suites Arvada, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2011

Thank you for you review of our Savannah Suites Arvada. Guest reviews provide our hotels with the opportunity to improve our services for future guests. Since our guest rooms are equipped with full size kitchens, combating smells is a top priority at our hotels. We use a variety of different methods to make sure that all guest rooms are fresh and clean. We are an extended stay model hotel, and housekeeping is offered one a week to long term guests. If a guest is using a weekly or monthly rate, then their room is cleaned weekly. Nightly stays are higher priced and receive maid service daily. Our complimentary internet is wired, therefore, guests will need an Ethernet cord to access the internet. Currently we have Ethernet cords at the front desk, and do charge a $10 refundable deposit for guests that wish to borrow a cord. We apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory and we welcome you back the next time you are in Arvada, Colorado to experience first-hand how your review has affected our service.

Reviewed November 16, 2010

Stayed here 6 months - in which the quality of guests had declined dramatically because the internet does not work. Most of the staff are nice and work hard. At first it was tolerable, most of the residents quiet and courteous business people. Because the internet is a joke, the business people that rely on it are long gone, now the hotel is full of loud, drunken, obnoxious guests that beat on thin walls at all hours, sometimes it sounds like 10 people in a room, pets they are not supposed to have, babies crying, etc. They double-billed my credit card one week and act like its my problem to prove to them their error before they think about fixing it.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank jms330
Reviewed November 15, 2010

Where do I begin? I checked in on Friday afternoon and my wallet was stolen in the hotel lobby. ALL my identification and credit cards were gone. While I was in my room shutting down accounts the police showed up, conveniently. They were already in house apparently looking to arrest someone on one of the other floors for crimes....met the perps and they were all strung out on some kind of mind altering substance. One of them was in some kind of narco withdrawal. Then that night as I tried to sleep (I was in Denver to work) I was treated to an amazing surround sound of TVs sets blaring until 4 am from at least 2 different rooms (above me and to the side). The hotel did move me to "quiet room". I needed internet to do my work...no internet access in the room they moved me to. Oh this gets better. I did get one night of sleep and then on Sunday night at 11 pm after I had managed to go to sleep someone went into the work out center and turned the TV up to full blast, which jolted me out of bed....then the guy on the other side of the wall turned his TV on and it was 1:30 AM before the front desk finally dealt with my complaints and got the TV turned off. I took me hours to fall back to sleep. I haven't been this sleep deprived since I had small babies. Word of advice: seek a good night of slumber if you are traveler somewhere else.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
6  Thank vmoore99
Reviewed August 5, 2010

A softball team from out of state decided to book our 20 room reservations for a one-week stay with Savannah Suites. We negotiated a price and booked the rooms in Sept 2009 for our stay in Jun 2010! One week before our arrival date, one of our group contacted the hotel for some information. The hotel informed us in that telephone conversation that we did not have reservations at this hotel. Our reservations had been "walked" to another location, in another city, with fewer amenities, for the same price!!!

Savannah Suites even charged some of our group's credit cards.....despite the fact that they initiated the "walking' of our reservations to another hotel.

Savannah Suites is a horrible organization. I would NEVER stay at their property.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank hatethesavannah
Reviewed July 7, 2010

We reserved rooms for a group in September 2009 for arrival in July 2010. This should be plenty of advance notice, we thought, for the hotel to prepare for our arrival. We get a call from SCAMvannah Suites 3 weeks prior to arrival in July 2010 that they had over booked the hotel and could not honor our reservations. We contacted the Corporate office for some compensation for the inconvenience and they refused to assist us.
Suggest finding a place that cares about their guests. I am sure the Corporate office will apply their standard apology reply to this review. Do not believe them. They do not can and will not try to help you resolve your situation.
Find another place to stay. Do not take a chance on this SCAM of a hotel!

• Stayed: July 2010
3  Thank ItMattersToMe
Valliria, Owner at Savannah Suites Arvada, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2010

The writer is correct on two accounts. First we did overbook and second we are sorry.

What Savannah Suites would like to explain is what we did to rectify the problem. We did not wait until the team arrived at the hotel and say Sorry no rooms! When we realized we would be overbooked we immediately began a search for a hotel that would accommodate our guest’s needs
Two weeks before the arrival date we contacted the team leader and notified them of the issue and what Savannah Suites had done to remedy. We found a location 5 minutes from our hotel, the room size, quality and type the same (we personally inspected), the price remained the same. The hotel was able to accommodate the entire team which was important since players, families and coaches like to be together. The location was about 5 minutes from the Savannah Suites location. It had a microwave and refrigerator but did not have a two burner stove top. It did however offer free continental breakfast, fresh baked doughnuts daily, a swimming pool and a Bar- B Q area for the guests. Savannah Suites also provided a small stipend for the inconvenience.

Yes we overbooked but took full responsibility to be sure our guests received equal accommodations and were notified as soon as possible.
After reading “does it matter to me” posted by the same writer it seems the team enjoyed their stay at the hotel provided as the alternative to ours.

Val Rubio
VP of Operations Savannah Suites

Also consider these accommodations in or near Arvada
Hilton Garden Inn Arvada Denver
Quality Inn Denver Westminster
Quality Inn Denver Westminster
#15 of 20 in Westminster
DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster

Been to Savannah Suites Arvada? Share your experiences!