“Great family restaurant”

Cuisines: American
Arvada, Colorado
“Great family restaurant”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

No matter what food you or your family are in the mood for, they probably have it at Country Buffet. It's a great gathering place for families or big groups. We love going there after church for a relaxing meal.

The food is not gourmet, but it's very well prepared considering the quantities they deal with. Outstanding selection and the price is not bad.

• Visited July 2012

Lexington, North Carolina, United States
“Good food for the money”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This is a good buffet for the price. The thing I thought most weird was they ask you if you want a beverage with your meal. Doesn't everyone want a beverage with their food? It is extra-- of course. No sweet tea for you southerners . Good variety of food and desserts.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Gail M
Athens, Alabama
“No chaos, no loud kids. Just very good food.”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We read the reviews but decided to give it a try anyway due to our experience with Country Buffet in other states. We were not disappointed. There was no chaos, not rowdy or screaming kids just pleasant families. The food was hot and fresh and about as good as any buffet we have tried. There was a large selection of meats, a taco bar, a nice soup and salad bar, a less than stellar assortment of vegetables and a good selection of desserts. We thought the desserts were above average for most buffets. In all we were very pleased and would definitely return if in the area again.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank coastermeister
Indian Hills, Colorado
“Out of control children”
Reviewed October 28, 2011

This Country Buffet is always full of out of control children and babies. This day a 2 year old did nothing but scream for alomst 30 minutes. The caretaker tried to quiet the child with no results. A good paddling would have helped.
Children under 10 are frequently unsupervised at the buffets. Restaurant rules say they must be accompied by an adult. These are clearly not school age children during the week at lunch hour. These loose children show no respect for anyone; and tend to be really underfoot of those of us that frequent this restaurant. If managment would enforce the rules, this would be a decent buffet.
The food is o.k. at best.

• Visited October 2011
Cuenca, Ecuador
“Be prepared for average (or worse)”
Reviewed June 18, 2011

My Sweet Polly Purebred and I have eaten at several Buffet, Inc. restaurants, and this one is overwhelmingly average. The biggest one complaint our group had was that the food was not hot enough by the time we were able to sit down and eat it at our table. This means that the company thermometers (which I have seen at other locations out of state) were not in use the day of our visit ( June 18, 2011). Sure enough, looking around the place, not a thermometer in sight at any of the serving stations' chafers.

My do it yourself tostada had tepid hamburger at its base, and even my friend's corn dog was just warm. OK food of course, but that's the rub - just OK. Another friend's fried chicken was even actually tough meat. The steak looked very good, but since I was served at the carving station with carved (warm) ham, I passed on tasting my Sweet Polly Purebred's steak. Sorry, warm steak is not this 'dog's fave. Hot, juicy steak is.

The restaurant was not what I would call crowded at suppertime - only about half full at the time we were present - and that should be a lesson for you: if a place cannot be full or even have a line at peak times on a Saturday, it maybe is a place to pass by.

Though the trays of food were never empty, I believe the management's strategy to ensure profits is to refill only after the trays get empty. This in my opinion accelerates the lowered temperature of the served food.

Please be my guest. Pass this one by. There are better eating establishments around in the greater Denver metro area, and frankly this pup would have been happy to return to Casa Bonita. Granted, Casa Bonita's food isn't that outstanding either, but at least it is served hot.

The last item for your consideration: When my Sweet Polly Purebred went to the Powder dog Room, it wasn't just dirty: it was, to use her words, filthy. She's a nurse, so she should know! You have now been forewarned.

• Visited June 2011