“Great Food”

Cuisines: Chinese
Kansas
“Great Food”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Always great food and friendly service. Local favorite. We eat here every time we go to Denver. They treat you like family.

• Visited June 2013

Ocean View, Delaware
“good food at a fair price”
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Based on other TA reviews, we decided to give this one a go. We were not disappointed. This favorably compared to our favorite local Maryland Chinese restaurant. For this visit, we chose carry out - and ordered at the restaurant. Order was prepared quickly and boxed nicely. While waiting, observed that (1) this place was full of patrons; (2) food coming from the kitchen was both ample and well-presented; (3) as customers entered, it was clear that many of them are repeat diners. Noise level was acceptable. The decor of the restaurant is very dated - but most of us do not go to a Chinese restaurant for the ambiance. The restaurant was very clean (carpet, windows, tables). We tried the Mandarin dinner (per person, entree, pupu platter, rice, soup) and the dinner for two fed three adults with leftovers. Additionally, our special request in food prep - no msg or onion - was honored. Will definitely return.

Visited May 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Love the Food!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We have been eating at Tea Garden for over 10 years and love it. The food is great. Although all the of the dishes are tasty, we usually order the sesame chicken and it is made with chunks of white meat chicken (versus some other chinese restaurants where there is not a lot of "meat" and a lot of breading). All of the soups are good, especially the egg drop. The tea is complimentary. Not a fancy restaurant but it is worth the drive.

• Visited January 2013
Arvada, Colorado
“Not terribly impressed but will go back and try again”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I had lunch here recently. I ordered the pork lo mein with an egg roll and started off with egg drop soup. Everything was edible but not great. The service was adequate although our server was very odd in that he would not make eye contact with me or my companion and certainly offered no smile or hint of personality. This would be the second time I've been to this restaurant. The first time was in 2006 and I had dinner with friends here. I think the seven year gap in visits pretty much says it all for me. On the other hand, this restaurant has been around for quite a while and has very loyal customers. I want to go back one more time for dinner just to make sure I'm not making an unduly hasty decision. I am still in search of a new Chinese restaurant (my 20+ year favorite was displaced by WalMart) and this one was not bad. It was just so very ordinary (except for the odd server).

• Visited January 2013
Denver
“Worth the Drive”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The Tea garden is the best, by far. I used to live in Arvada and would have lunch here 1-3 times per week. I now live in Erie, Co and drive here about once a month. They have the best hot and sour soup and egg rolls. I recommend the Twice Cooked Pork and Kung Pao Beef, but everything is GOOD!

• Visited October 2012

Been to Tea Garden? Share your experiences!